Author Topic: Temperature dropping, fruits still not mature  (Read 1482 times)

CanadaGrower

• Vancouver, BC, Canada Zone 7
    • View Profile
Temperature dropping, fruits still not mature
« on: August 29, 2018, 12:50:06 AM »
Hi, wondering if someone could chime in on this, I've got myself an assortment of citrus trees in the last little while a Santa Teresa Feminello, a Sudachi and a Yuzu. Now, if anyone here is from Vancouver or surrounding area, you would know that temperatures have dropped dramatically and we are getting into the rainy season. I've got a few fruits on both the Yuzu and the Santa Teresa, unfortunately another year with no fruits on the Sudachi... maybe someone could give me advice on this one too... anyways, with the fruits still green and juvenile, I am afraid of losing the fruits that have been growing at a steady rate the last little while as temperatures continue to plunge. Should I bring it indoors and give it artificial light? on the non-rainy days we are getting thick clouds of smoke that has been blocking the precious UV rays or leave it as is?

Florian

• Solothurn, Switzerland.
    • View Profile
Re: Temperature dropping, fruits still not mature
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 02:52:10 PM »
I have similar problems here – it seems that summer has definitely ended. If you keep them frost-free, the fruits will ripen when temperatures rise again.