Author Topic: My first 2020 South Florida Mango... Rosigold  (Read 1059 times)

palmcity

• Martin County, Fl zone10a
    • View Profile
My first 2020 South Florida Mango... Rosigold
« on: February 22, 2020, 06:38:58 PM »
I had zero Rosigold the past 2 years due to fungal infections and I was very surprised to have 3 very early Rosigolds this year. Two are still on the tree with another bloom occurring now for Rosigold. The one pictured fell off the tree about 4 days ago & after a day or two it was as ripe as it would go as I could see some loss of plumpness and darkness on the skin. The seed was starting to turn brown. The skin on Rosigold is extremely bitter as I had forgotten since about 3 years ago since I last had one. However the flesh close to the skin was very nice. The other two on the tree are a similar color now but I think I will wait till they fall off before eating.

None of my other trees are even close to maturity with over a month for sure maybe 2 months. If I had only one tree, I would have probably already regrafted it as such a poor performer due to fungal issues. Now that it bore a few and has more blooms coming, I  will look a little more favorable & hopeful for it's future in the yard.

I'm surprised I don't see anyone else posting yet as I've never been early. As previously mentioned, I do not irrigate & believe the early bloom was due to increased soil moisture here with the very wet Fall & now Winter. The good news as it looks like a two crop year for some of the trees since a few set early & my normal bloom is about this time without watering.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 07:53:59 PM by palmcity »

Squam256

• Mangos, trees and budwood for sale
    • USA, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/TropicalAcresFarms
Re: My first 2020 South Florida Mango... Rosigold
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 08:57:52 PM »
Harvested one today:

palmcity

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 09:10:31 PM »
Harvested one today:

Great... Yours Looks like a different fruit without the fungus issues of mine... lol.

palmcity

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2020, 11:58:19 AM »
My last 2 mature ugly Rosigold mangos, waiting to be picked or fall. They do taste good, just hard to grow in my yard's climate without spraying. I think I sprayed a little about a year ago... lol...

It's pretty obvious Alex takes much better care of his fruit & trees than I. Then again, I now just need a few per tree for my consumption with many tress & no need to supply multiple families with mangos. They still taste good, just look like crap.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 12:09:00 PM by palmcity »

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2020, 02:07:25 PM »
Harvested one today:

Looking good! Will you have a crop of Tete Nene is year?
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

saltyreefer

• Palm Bay, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2020, 04:13:30 PM »
My last 2 mature ugly Rosigold mangos, waiting to be picked or fall. They do taste good, just hard to grow in my yard's climate without spraying. I think I sprayed a little about a year ago... lol...

It's pretty obvious Alex takes much better care of his fruit & trees than I. Then again, I now just need a few per tree for my consumption with many tress & no need to supply multiple families with mangos. They still taste good, just look like crap.

Mangoes are better tasting than leaves  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk