Author Topic: Large Mango Trees in So Cal  (Read 652 times)

phongvu

• Santa Ana, So Cal, Plant Zone 10B
    • View Profile
Large Mango Trees in So Cal
« on: December 06, 2020, 02:11:30 PM »
Hi All, I would like to start a list of large mango trees in So Cal to help inspire others to grow mangos in So Cal.  If you know of any large mango trees growing in So Cal, please add to the list below with city and location description info as well as approximate tree height.

1) Anaheim: Located on the east side of Olive St near Water / Olive intersection; 25 ft.
2) Santa Ana: Located on the north side of W McFadden and about 2 houses west of McFadden / Bristol intersection; 25 ft.

Happy growing mangos,

Phong

FV Fruit Freak

• USA, Southern California, Fountain Valley, 10B
    • View Profile
Re: Large Mango Trees in So Cal
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2020, 04:35:13 PM »
I don’t think anyone wants other people to know where their mango trees are located. Why would you? So people can steal the fruit? There’s large trees growing here and they’ve been reported on by Frank, Simon, and others, that’s all people need to know, IMO. I’ve seen many mango trees all over Orange County that are 25ft+ but I would never reveal the locations out of respect for the grower.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 08:31:34 PM by FV Fruit Freak »
Nate

Gone tropo

• Durian obsessed
    • Nth Qld Australia, zone 13a
    • View Profile
Re: Large Mango Trees in So Cal
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2020, 06:25:07 PM »
25ft!!!! Mangoe trees are like vermin here on the side of the roads everywhere some of the trees would have to be 80-100ft they are absolutely gigantic they drop thousands of fruit on the ground and attract feral pigs