Author Topic: sunburn from led lights?  (Read 3068 times)

incubator01

• Belgium, Central Europe
    • View Profile
Re: sunburn from led lights?
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2022, 05:30:40 PM »
Thousands of citrus trees in Florida are grafted upon Carrizo. The humidity in Florida reaches up to 100%.

but florida doesn't have cold temperatures in the winter / spring like Belgium. ther's the difference
Florida is citrus heaven, Belgium is not. As much as I wanted to grow other kinds here,  I just can't. Unless I invest in a complete isolated controlled environment.
So I have to stick with certain rootstocks and certain scions that are more resistant to our climate.
So far Yuzu & Shikuwasa are proving to be very successful here.
Poncirus by itself too, but mine doesn't seem to grow new leaves yet, probably because oscar tintori sawed off a lot of the thicker branches for grafting purposes.

poncirsguy

• Cincinnati, Ohio, USA, 6a/6b
    • View Profile

vesteronys

• Australia
    • View Profile
Re: sunburn from led lights?
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2022, 05:37:08 PM »
Artificial lights typically don't emit any significant amount of ultraviolet light, and visible light isn't energetic enough to cause damage, so any sunburn would have to come from infrared light or heat. LED lights don't generate a lot of that either. This would be much more of a concern with incandescent bulbs. The lights you linked aren't particularly strong. With those, you'd probably have to be almost in direct contact with the plants to cause any damage. My room is full of plants, and I got more powerful LEDs from https://lightingandsupplies.com, but they didn't get damaged at all.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2022, 06:06:26 PM by vesteronys »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk