Author Topic: Buttermilk Mango Tonight  (Read 430 times)

palmcity

• Martin County, Fl zone10a
    • View Profile
Buttermilk Mango Tonight
« on: August 23, 2021, 08:18:36 PM »
As most people know that enjoy making buttermilk, the secret is selecting the right bacteria starter.

Well I found my favorite starter hanging on the trees again today for my buttermilk Mango. Just go on down to the bottom of this and see those beauties basking in the kitchen sink... Umm Umm... They have been inoculated with the finest bacteria and hand delivered often by those little bugs moving from cracked mango to cracked mango...

Now the first step is cut just below the area the bacteria has cleaned up in the crack. Thus go to the second picture... Now if your a first time Carrie eater and can't handle a strong vinegar or sour taste, then just cut off a little bit more.

Now I pick up the mango and stick my beak into it and as you can see in the 3rd picture I left some teeth marks on all 3 and sure enough it's a 3 for 3 win with all of them being just right with that sour vinegar taste to go with the sweet orange flesh of the Keitt mango...

Now don't be shy guys, just put your beak right in and enjoy that stuff... it's gooood....

One of my favorite ways to eat mangos late in the year...   :)

zands

• mango_zango
    • Zone 10b, Florida, USA, 33321
    • View Profile
Re: Buttermilk Mango Tonight
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 02:09:16 AM »
You have your rescue animals at the shelters. Then you have your rescue mangos for the mango fanatics. I have two Keitt rescues in my house that need 1-2 more days. Animal bitten, I always turn the garden hose on them with high pressure by putting my thumb over the hose end. This really freshens them up, into good as new. Similar to a computer reboot washing away problems. My garden hose technique washes away all residual animal goo and the squishy mango parts/////
"When mango season is running down. You do the best with what's still around"

You are right about your mangos having some good fermentation bacteria in them. This might work when  making pickled cucumbers, to get the fermentation started. Drop in some firm but bacteria infested mango. Also this mango drop in will come with more bacteria strains from the ugly  spilt, bit, mango.

Your mango photos. They look edible or part edible to me.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2021, 02:15:58 AM by zands »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk