Author Topic: Buying from the seedhunters website  (Read 1491 times)

Filozophr

• Royal Palm Beach
    • View Profile
Buying from the seedhunters website
« on: March 05, 2022, 11:45:42 AM »
Tried to figure out the shipping on some seeds when I decide to buy them, pressed order, doesn’t allow me to put in any payment info, and tells me I made the order? I’m assuming that’s just to get the seeds ready and then I’m told to pay them to get the seeds sent to me? Because I didn’t want them now.

Was this a bug or something?
Feel free to pm me if you have any ANNONACEAE for sale‼️

digigarden

• Maurice or digigarden
    • Dominican Republic,Santo Domingo- Miami.FL addr
    • View Profile
Re: Buying from the seedhunters website
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2022, 02:13:17 PM »
well those are in brazil i believe, idk if you need a permit to get those. bellamytrees and anderson? resell these. don't need to tell you they are quite expensive.

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2022, 03:04:06 PM »
PM him or send an email to him for payment. He is having issues with the site right now.

Pkubele

• Europe, USDA 7A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2022, 02:00:59 AM »
I got bad experience with seedhunter. Purchased seeds back in April and still haven't received anything. When I tried to cancel the order about 14 days ago since it's too late in the season to start any plants now the owner did not reply. It was only 60Euro so not complaining, just want to give a heads up to any potential buyers.

joeventra1

• Australia, NSW, Green valley
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2022, 06:22:30 AM »
I initially had good experience from him but ordered  seeds last September and still haven't received them and hasn't responded to any correspondence after telling me he'd send them but never happened. It was about $180 of seeds so not very happy. Just a heads up to be cautious.

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2022, 11:09:13 AM »
I've had questionable experiences with seedshunter. I ordered seeds and was promised they would be sent and then promised again when they still hadn't been sent. And then told the seeds I wanted were no longer in stock and he could compensate by sending other seeds. I appreciate the resolution but I think that if you one is charging so much for seeds the service should be there to cater to those demanded prices. 
Ultimately it took me posting on his facebook page to really actually get a response, and then my comment was deleted and he messaged me.  I know of other people that have struggled to have the best experiences with Sellami.

Respect for what Sellami does, I just think that it's poor business practices.
Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

brian

• Pennsylvania (zone 6) w/ heated greenhouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2022, 11:54:27 AM »
I ordered only once and had so-so experience.  I ordered three types of seeds, two types pre-germinated and one not.  The non-germinated seeds looked great and sprouted quickly.  The pre-germinated seeds had radicle roots already emerged but they had dried out and some were rotting & broken.  I emailed the seller and they refunded one type (which never sprouted) but said wait longer on the other type (a eugenia).  After some time one of the eugenia seeds put out a new root and shoot and survived and is still doing fine. 

So in the end all I really wanted was one of these eugenias so I am happy enough, but in the future I much prefer to buy live plants from bellamy and let him deal with seedhuntershop in bulk :)

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2022, 12:03:02 PM »
Yep…I think the best bet is just order through Bellamy trees! No hassle at all! Seeds already in the US!

brcb7tuner

• Livingston
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2022, 01:28:06 PM »
Yep a good lesson is to make sure you pay with PayPal and if it gets sideways like in my situation, file a claim before the 90 days or whichever amount it is.

driftwood

• my name is driftwood, nice to meet you
    • Arizona 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2022, 06:14:34 PM »
Careful, he might come in here and tell you he has expenses to recoup from traveling to brazil and you dont know how business works lol

Filozophr

• Royal Palm Beach
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2022, 08:13:26 PM »
I never bothered buying from them
Feel free to pm me if you have any ANNONACEAE for sale‼️

dxgn

• Singapore
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2022, 02:09:18 AM »
I have traded and buy from him before. The first batch all never germinate.

The second one all never germinate properly, reached a height of 2 inches and then died mysteriously.

I got the orange fleshed guava seeds from him.

Jet

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk