Author Topic: Anyone sucesfuly grafted atemoya PPC and or Dream on GLabra  (Read 650 times)

CTMIAMI

• View Profile
Anyone sucesfuly grafted atemoya PPC and or Dream on GLabra
« on: April 15, 2022, 10:52:33 AM »
I have a couple of spots near or close to septic drain field and was thinking of grafting some atemoyas on Glabra for that area. Any successes?
Carlos
 Tweeter: @carlosdlt280
www.myavocadotrees.com
zone 10a Miami-Dade County

cbss_daviefl

• USA, Southwest Ranches,FL 33331, 10B
    • View Profile
    • bfgtropicals.com
Re: Anyone sucesfuly grafted atemoya PPC and or Dream on GLabra
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 12:52:42 PM »
I do not have any experience with atemoya on glabra rootstock. The two illama trees I have purchased from Excalibur that were grafted on glabra never survived long. They sucker like crazy. One just died randomly and the other broke at the graft in a storm. Both were 3+ years in the ground before they died, which is a lot of time to waste.  I believe I remember reading or hearing at a lecture that some individual glabra trees produce better rootstocks than others for grafting sugar apple, atemoya and illama.

I have a dream atemoya on sugar apple that grows in damp soil, in the run-off path of my daily overhead watered potted plants. It is doing fine. I have it planted on a 4-6 inch tall mound because the area only has 2 inches of topsoil.
Brandon

skhan

• United States, Florida, Coral Springs, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2022, 05:46:59 PM »
The originator of dream use to graft it onto pond apple. After a few years graft incompatibly became apparent and switched to dream seedling.

Orkine

• Jupiter, FL, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2022, 08:15:46 PM »
At this time, Cherilata and Soursop appear most pond apple friendly in my yard.  Atemoya did not do well though I have been able to get them on by using a cherimoya interstock and that appears to be working well.  I have Dream on one of those cherimoya interstock.  It takes more patience as you first have to graft the cherimoya and when it has grown well graft the atemoya on it. 

CTMIAMI

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2022, 08:48:52 PM »
Thank you guys valuable info
Carlos
Carlos
 Tweeter: @carlosdlt280
www.myavocadotrees.com
zone 10a Miami-Dade County

BayAreaMicroClimate

• Dublin, California 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2022, 06:22:42 PM »
I have cherimoya grafted on glabra. Looks healthy but it’s only 2 years old so I’m not sure about long term success

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk