Author Topic: Any predictions of when Peak mango season will be in South Florida  (Read 778 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
The mango men of Homestead are saying they're reaching Peak mango season I know they usually are ahead of Delray Beach and West Palm Beach
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

skhan

• United States, Florida, Coral Springs, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
Re: Any predictions of when Peak mango season will be in South Florida
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 09:55:28 AM »
My crop from the first flowering in November is almost done. I figure I'll start getting a lot of the February crop in early July.
I think the heavy hitters like lemon zest, orange sherbet and sugar loaf will be gone before then

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 09:58:33 AM »
The trees around here are later than last year.
John

Honest Abe

• Biscayne Park, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2022, 09:12:14 PM »
My trees are atleast 1 month-1.5 months  later than last year. Probably peak mid-late June here in North Miami Beach for most varieties.

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2022, 09:32:55 PM »
Nice thread! I’m going down probably late June or early July…I’m glad there might still be mangoes for me!

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2022, 10:29:48 PM »
Nice thread! I’m going down probably late June or early July…I’m glad there might still be mangoes for me!
I think you should be good I was down there in the second week of June last season and stayed in Deerfield Beach. I did a prepared order with Tropical Acre Farms  and remember Honest Abe telling me on this forum that Karen Michelle was a coconut Queen. I looked down and there it was right in front of me. After tasting it  I knew I had to have that tree. I also remember Alex given me Dot and Dwarf Hawaiian plus many more. I also got a bag of Carrie from truly tropical Chris. Second week of July I was at West Palm Shores and remember Alex given me pina colada CC love Sugarloaf and Phoenix. I was very happy to finally to get to taste Sugar Loaf at Peak flavor but the best mango was Pina colada totally awesome like crystalline powder sugar. I remember Alex saying the third week in June was Peak mango season that's why I booked that for this season. Now I am quite excited hopefully I can get another Amrapali or Sophie frey

Karen Michelle View from standing on top of my riding lawn mower. I got a 7 gal from Truly Tropical Chris that was the size of most nurseries 15-gallon trees. She had really great fruit set this year but since she hasn't been in the ground more than two seasons I painfully pruned them off per Rob  :)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 04:44:45 AM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2022, 07:52:28 PM »
Be nice if we could get some more input
 I'm coming in the third week of June for 5 days and now I'm trying to decide if I want to come in the second week of July or the 3rd.
So how is this season similar or different than the last two seasons

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk