Author Topic: Mango season 2022 Adventure  (Read 1351 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Mango season 2022 Adventure
« on: June 17, 2022, 09:39:39 PM »
My first adventure of the season was stopping by Tropical Acre Farms and then Sensations Jamaican Caribbean takeout.
Tomorrow will be Truly Tropical Chris's wonderful Grove Seacrest Boulevard

Made it to truly tropical Chris's at 8:26 I got in line with a dozen cars. At 9:05 I got through the gate and a young fellow took my order I asked how many bags and what are my options. Two bags per car and I selected a bag of Carrie and a bag of assorted mangoes. This new system she has is much improved. Staying in your car with the air conditioner on and not having to bump elbows is greatly appreciated. Checking for inventory for a particular tree for me I will go back at 11:30 when things are winding down and there's more time for chitchat. I am looking forward to visiting on Monday when folks are focused on work and there will be possibly more available

The top box is the top tier mangoes for myself the bottom bin will be distributed to my unofficial Co-op called the Osceola triangle. Which consists of Canoe Creek Road Boggy Creek Road and Ham Brown Road. It is a lean year for some because of Jack Frost but I will be duly compensated next season

I am very impressed with Alex's customer containment at Tropical Acres Farms. It is smart and effective. It keeps the Riff Raff gang from walking through the Grove sampling mangos then throwing them on the ground with no intentions of paying. Playing it off as being ignorant and innocent. I witness this last season and my wife was very angry.

Primitive camping in South Florida. I will endure! Loveing Ocean Breeze at night

« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 02:53:39 PM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Mango season 2022 Adventure photos please post your adventures
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 06:53:39 PM »
Today's adventure at Truly tropical. After getting there early for opening gate and getting my two bag limit went back to the resort to chill out and wait for 11:30 to go back and discuss tree availability. After returning close to closing time I realized there was a abundance of mangoes leftover. I without any hesitation purchase three more bags of Carrie mango. After accomplishing that I got back to the business at hand I was looking for a three gallon Dupuis Saigon but none were available. So I asked about the status of a friends status on her grafting list for White Alphonso. To my good fortune she actually had  one 3 gallon available. For most folks on this forum you know that is an exotic variety that is not easily obtained And even Chris has never tasted the fruit. I ended up purchasing the White Alphonso and a Elephant Ivory mango trees.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 07:03:55 PM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Mango season 2022 Adventure
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 02:59:51 PM »
I found this young fellow about to prune a branch so I asked him what variety that was he replied guava. So I  asked if i could have the tips.

Finding out doesn't matter where I go or what variety. That tropical storm they had washed a lot of the flavor out of the first bloom crop. :(

« Last Edit: June 19, 2022, 03:12:29 PM by bovine421 »

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2022, 03:42:27 PM »
What's the best mango you've had so far?

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2022, 04:19:08 PM »
What's the best mango you've had so far?
[/quote
Maha Chanok from West Palm Beach was excellent and not watery

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2022, 08:45:11 PM »
Finally finding some mangoes that were as good as last season. We just had a phoenix and a orange sherbet that were excellent. My meloncholy has gone away and I am excited again. Headed for West Palm Beach tomorrow hoping for better results

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2022, 09:36:22 PM »
Is Maha still #1?

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2022, 02:10:06 AM »
Is Maha still #1?
These mangoes have different flavor profiles but I will say I have enjoyed the orange sherbert the most so far

« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 02:16:35 AM by bovine421 »

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2022, 10:56:24 AM »
Keep us posted.  We love hearing from you.  :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 10:58:36 AM by johnb51 »
John

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2022, 07:25:15 PM »
Last full day here in Gulf Stream Florida. I headed up to West Palm Beach to pick up a prepaid order this afternoon. Pulling into the driveway of Tropical Acre Farms you will notice what I call the customer containment temporary fencing as I described earlier. Here is today's Bountiful catch none of them are ready to eat today and must ripen for a few days or as we like to say finny for finish. The earlier ones we purchased that I feel may be watery we're going to peel when we get home and wife will sample if they are watery they're going to be Juiced. If not going in freezer bag to go in the refrigerator. If the Surplus is such as I do not think we can consume in a reasonable amount of time. I will share with other folks I deem worthy other producers.

Rebecca reaffirmed what I had previously asked Chris and Alex that the second week in July would be a splendid time to come back and visit :)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2022, 07:35:11 PM by bovine421 »

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2022, 07:09:56 PM »

The end of early mid South Florida mango adventure. My first purchases of Carrie and Angie's were washed out. My later second purchase was  more on par with last season. As my friend Buck tells me slow down turbo but when I'm on vacation I tend to spend money like a drunken sailor. Lessons Learned tropical storms and heavy rain affect mango crops. Buy an order small test batches before dropping Benjamins. Don't aggravate Walter he has a low threshold for nonsense Lol
All in all I had a very good time found a wonderful Greek restaurant and I do appreciate the growers in South Florida
2022 so far has been a roller coaster season Frost freeze mixed bloom and flood. As I walk through my Grove looking at the fruit on my trees. I feel as they would say on Duck Dynasty Happy happy

9b

« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 09:43:33 PM by bovine421 »

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2022, 08:43:29 PM »
Is Maha still #1?
As of right now orange sherbet number #1 Phoenix number 2 Julie number 3 then my Maha #4 with more to try