Author Topic: Have some Tetracarpidium conophorum seedlings to trade  (Read 1745 times)

Daintree

• Boise, Idaho - zone 6, with a zone 12 greenhouse...
    • View Profile
Have some Tetracarpidium conophorum seedlings to trade
« on: October 17, 2013, 07:57:23 PM »
I have 3 Tetracarpidium conophorum (conophor nut, African walnut) vine seedlings (about 3 feet tall) grown in my Idaho greenhouse using nuts from the Kumba area of Cameroon.  They SHOULD be unrelated, but I'm not positive.
I would like to trade them for Dacryodes edulis (butter fruit, African plum) seeds or seedlings, and/or Synsepalum dulcificum (miracle fruit) seeds or seedlings, or another fruit seeds or plants from West Africa.  Would also be interested in buying any of these outright.
Thanks!

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
Re: Have some Tetracarpidium conophorum seedlings to trade
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, 03:52:41 AM »
Can you tell us anything about this African walnut? Have you eaten it? How is it? Or anybody else know anything about it?
Oscar

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 11:53:01 AM »
Can you tell us anything about this African walnut? Have you eaten it? How is it? Or anybody else know anything about it?

Did you check out this yet Oscar?

http://www.slideshare.net/johick68/cultivation-of-african-walnut-tetracarpidium-conophorum-mull-arg-on-agricultural-plantation-an-approach-to-ca-in-nigeria-folaranmi-babalola
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 05:18:38 PM »

Did you check out this yet Oscar?

http://www.slideshare.net/johick68/cultivation-of-african-walnut-tetracarpidium-conophorum-mull-arg-on-agricultural-plantation-an-approach-to-ca-in-nigeria-folaranmi-babalola

Nice presentation. Thanks i hadn't seen it. BTW, the pods of the African walnut look very similar to Inca Peanut (Plukenenetia volubulis). Not totally surprising i guess since they are both euphorbia vines.
Oscar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk