Author Topic: Selling: Chupa Chupa | South American Sapote | Tree Sale - (Quararibea cordata)  (Read 1256 times)

FloridaAnnona

• Bradenton FL
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,

I have some Chupa Chupa (Quararibea cordata) trees available in various sizes for shipping and or pick up in Bradenton, Florida 34208. Shipping is 20$ USD to Florida residents. It will be shipped with a box + 3 bamboo stakes to protect and prevent damage.

Small - 50
Medium- 100
Large- 150

I have been growing these trees for about 1 year and a half.

Limited quality is available (about 10 and only 1 large specimen that cannot be shipped due to its size)
These trees' origin is Cali, Colombia from delicious fruits from a local grafted variety.
I have received a photo from someone that has a fruiting chupa chupa tree planted outside in Miami - so I know that they are possible to fruit in Florida. I am not 100% sure if they need two trees to pollinate or if 1 is needed.
Attached below are photos of the zapote fruit trees for sale as well as photos of the fruit and flowers for reference. In one of the photos, I stand next to the trees for height reference I am 6'1".

I am known as Garden Florida online and on this forum -- But I have been locked out of my account and cannot log in so I made this account.

I accept Zelle as payment - Thanks!

Harley
Garden Florida

« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 05:35:56 PM by FloridaAnnona »

hammer524

• USA, Arizona, Phoenix, 9B
    • View Profile
wow, great pics. i'm sad i can't grow that

FloridaManDan

• Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
I wish I had the space for these, so awesome. Do you happen to have any seeds available?

FloridaAnnona

• Bradenton FL
    • View Profile
I wish I had the space for these, so awesome. Do you happen to have any seeds available?

Sorry I only have the plants available.

Tropical Sunshine

• Coastal TX, USA zone 9B (down to zone 8A during a freak freeze!)
    • View Profile
Hey man, I love your youtube channel!!
You are the main reason why I become fascinated with that fruit, which looked so delicious when you opened it up to expose the juicy, deep orange flesh.
I’ll PM you sir, have a nice weekend!
Teach a man to fish, and he will be able to catch fish for life.

Teach a man to nurture plants, and he will be able to eat durian, soursop, mangosteen, papaya, rambutan, and guava fruits for life!

FloridaAnnona

• Bradenton FL
    • View Profile
Hey man, I love your youtube channel!!
You are the main reason why I become fascinated with that fruit, which looked so delicious when you opened it up to expose the juicy, deep orange flesh.
I’ll PM you sir, have a nice weekend!

Thank you for your kind words it keeps me going! I have sent a PM back (But unsure if it sent or not because does not show on my side)

Epicatt2

• Fruit forest in progress . . .
    • Tampa, FL / Zone 9b
    • View Profile
Wow Harley, what great-looking seedlings those Quararibea cordata pics you posted show; it's good to see such healthy seedlings of this species! 

But I'm also with 'hammer', though because I had problems growing this species out-of-doors once the weather turned cooler here in Florida zone 9b.  They proved to be cold intolerant for me.

I don't know if this species maybe ranges into any higher elevations in Colombia than Cali, or whether it is strictly a lowland, warmth-loving species.  It might be nice to try this species again if there were some that were sourced from a higher elevation in its habitat, should such an option exist.

Cheers!

Paul M.
==

TheORKINMan

• Tallahassee, Florida
    • View Profile
Sent you a PM. I'm interested in potentially getting a tree.

FloridaAnnona

• Bradenton FL
    • View Profile
Wow Harley, what great-looking seedlings those Quararibea cordata pics you posted show; it's good to see such healthy seedlings of this species! 

But I'm also with 'hammer', though because I had problems growing this species out-of-doors once the weather turned cooler here in Florida zone 9b.  They proved to be cold intolerant for me.

I don't know if this species maybe ranges into any higher elevations in Colombia than Cali, or whether it is strictly a lowland, warmth-loving species.  It might be nice to try this species again if there were some that were sourced from a higher elevation in its habitat, should such an option exist.

Cheers!

Paul M.
==

Hi Paul,

They are sure beautiful specimens growing in Florida. I do not know if there is a highlands variety but I will try and find out as these did come more of a lower elevation like you had said. I have one planted outside of my house unprotected and it has survived last years winter so I am hoping for the same this year!

Kindest regards,

Harley
Garden FL