Author Topic: Feijoa (pineapple guava) for sale- CLOSED  (Read 1609 times)

Tropical Sunshine

• USA
    • View Profile
Hi Pau, a suggestion only but would you consider selling cuttings of those trees? Since the mother trees are on your lot, do you consider naming them if you were to graft them onto feijoa seedlings?
Teach a man to fish, and he will be able to catch fish for life.

Teach a man to nurture plants, and he will be able to eat durian, soursop, mangosteen, papaya, rambutan, and guava fruits for life!

Pau

• California
    • View Profile
Hi Pau, a suggestion only but would you consider selling cuttings of those trees? Since the mother trees are on your lot, do you consider naming them if you were to graft them onto feijoa seedlings?

I can sell the cuttings. Do not know when is good time to graft so I can cut on demand. Theres fruits as of now, so i can add 1/2 lb of fruits for additional  $5. Names are oval and circle for now.

Two types of guava: round and oval.

Can mix and match.
4 cuttings minimum. 
$5 each
Additional $5 for 1/2 lb fruit (will include both round and oval)
Shipping Small flat rate box $8.55

Tropical Sunshine

• USA
    • View Profile
I can sell the cuttings. Do not know when is good time to graft so I can cut on demand. Theres fruits as of now, so i can add 1/2 lb of fruits for additional  $5. Names are oval and circle for now.

Oh darn, I was hoping you would call the round one, Da Bomb and the oval one, Bazooka! 😉😛😂

Okay great, appreciate the offer!!
« Last Edit: November 10, 2023, 02:36:31 PM by Tropical Sunshine »

Teach a man to nurture plants, and he will be able to eat durian, soursop, mangosteen, papaya, rambutan, and guava fruits for life!

Surfmatt

• FL
    • View Profile
These were great. I don't have anything to compare it to taste wise. When I opened the box I immediately smelt like a bubble gum flavor. Very pleasant aroma and taste. Highly recommend! Thanks Pau!

Jack, Nipomo

• San Luis Obispo County, CA zone 9b
    • View Profile
My two NZ varieties of Feijoa are outstanding in flavor and size compared to Coolidge etc.  They are Mammoth and Triumph and very productive.  Have not had success with cuttings, but ground layering (on ground or in a pot still connected to mother plant) have rooted well.  Ripe now, I prefer to bite off top of fruit and squeeze out fruit insides. Not just a good fruit, frost hardy, and ornamental too.

Pau

• California
    • View Profile
Re: Feijoa (pineapple guava) for sale, Last Box available for the season.
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2023, 09:35:43 PM »
Last box available for season. Send pm if anyone interested.

Tropical Sunshine

• USA
    • View Profile
Not just a good fruit, frost hardy, and ornamental too.

Thanks for giving us hope that the NZ varieties are really as good and as productive as many fruit tree nurseries had stated!

Once I prepare and work in organic matter on a plot of land,  I hope to become the proud owner of a little pineapple guava orchard. No winter protection needed since my winter climate is mild enough for them. They are said to be hardy down to 5F, which IMHO, is amazing for a South American fruit tree...🙂
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 10:12:14 AM by Tropical Sunshine »

drymifolia

• Seattle 9a/sunset zone 5
    • View Profile
    • the drymifolia collective

Thanks for giving us hope that the NZ varieties are really as good and as productive as many fruit tree nurseries had stated!

Once I prepare and work in organic matter on a plot of land,  I hope to become the proud owner of a little pineapple guava orchard. No winter protection needed since my winter climate is mild enough for them. They are said to be hardy down to 5F, which IMHO, is amazing for a South American fruit tree...🙂

I saw slight leaf damage and some small amount of damage to stem tips at 16įF, so I think you'll see some more significant damage quite a bit higher than 5įF,  but that might be the kill threshold.

Tropical Sunshine

• USA
    • View Profile

I saw slight leaf damage and some small amount of damage to stem tips at 16įF, so I think you'll see some more significant damage quite a bit higher than 5įF,  but that might be the kill threshold.

Yeah I did notice some slight leaf damages on them when my area got down to the mid to low 20s (F) during our recent freak freezes. I just mentioned the 5F because of what some literatures and nurseries had reported. Itís probably the absolute lowest temperature that their roots can handle...Even in the mid to high teens (F), I suggest they get a deep mulch of safe straw or bark to help the roots stay drier and warmer than the surrounding exposed soil...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 03:46:18 PM by Tropical Sunshine »

FruitForLife

• Southern CA
    • View Profile
Re: Feijoa (pineapple guava) for sale, Last Box available for the season.
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2023, 05:11:44 AM »
Just brought a Nazemetz pineapple guava at Home Depot today, canít resist since thereís already one egg size fruit hanging on the tree, so I know itís mature enough to produce and will produce.  There are also two other Nazemetz trees available, both with small fruits on it, what I noticed is that even though theyíre all label the Nazemetz , but the grow habit and the leaf size is very different, the leaves on mine is noticeably smaller than all other trees (including many cooligate trees that they have) and somewhat roundish and itís growth habit is more bushy, the leaves on another Nazemetz is noticeably larger and more pointy and itís growth habit is more upright.

Maybe they are seedling plants, since I couldnít find any graft point, the wholesaler is Everde nursery. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 05:14:48 AM by FruitForLife »