Author Topic: My New YouTube Channel About My Garden  (Read 839 times)

TomekK

• In search of Theobromas
    • Vienna, Virginia Zone 7a
    • View Profile
My New YouTube Channel About My Garden
« on: March 03, 2020, 10:35:25 AM »
Hello everyone!

A few weeks ago I started my YouTube channel, The Catalog Collector. It’s mainly about watches, specifically watch catalogs, but I also started putting out videos about my adventures growing tropical fruit indoors in zone 7. I have two garden videos out now, the first about how I got into tropical fruit and what fruit I found and tried, and the second is a tour of my garden.

First video (my experience with tropical fruit) link: https://youtu.be/4dTu6u9tK6c
Second video (tour of the garden) link: https://youtu.be/Y02vs1uFVU0

I release watch catalog collector videos once a week, and will try to do the same with my garden, but cannot guarantee that. I have a total of 6 videos ready for now and more filmed, so maybe I can do it. Next week it’s an orchid, but in three weeks I post a video about fresh Montoso gardens cacao pods.

I hope you enjoy the videos! Any advice for the future is greatly appreciated! Also, thanks for all the help I got on this forum regarding my plants! I only joined last year but visited often for several years now, the advice on here is really helpful.

Thanks,
Tomek

DaveinNoVA

• Fairfax, Virginia
    • View Profile
    • Broadleaf Evergreens for the Mid Atlantic
Re: My New YouTube Channel About My Garden
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 10:05:22 AM »
Tomek, saw what you are growing. All the best!  You might try watering with collected rain water. Sometimes I think our water is just too loaded with chemicals, but who knows?  I can't for the life of me keep lychees and longans growing well. Always the leaves turn brown on tips and fall off. They do better outdoors over summer, then decline over winter. Wondering if it's the water.

Anyway, I'm nearby in Fairfax, VA

TomekK

• In search of Theobromas
    • Vienna, Virginia Zone 7a
    • View Profile
Re: My New YouTube Channel About My Garden
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 10:43:41 AM »
Thanks! I’ve been wanting to set up a rain barrel, but never get around to doing it... If lychees don’t grow for you either, it may just be the climate. My Spanish limes however are doing great, so go figure. Nice to see someone close by also doing this.

Tomek

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk