Author Topic: Posting prices from Brazil to abroad.  (Read 6337 times)

nelesedulis

• I want to increase my collection of fruit trees!
    • Carangola, Minas Gerais Brazil
    • View Profile
Posting prices from Brazil to abroad.
« on: August 17, 2017, 07:31:49 PM »
Hello friends,

Many people want to buy seeds from Brazil, but find the prices of Brazilian mail very expensive, I decide to make a quotation of the most requested destinations, USA, Australia, Asia and Europe, the countries are grouped by groups of countries, for example, a quotation For Slovakia, has the same price as a quotation for Spain.

Prices for the USA are similar for other Latin American countries,

1 USD = $ 3.00, just do the conversion.

Sending seeds as a registered letter, or by cheaper freight is the same as throwing the seeds in a toilet bowl and unloading, do not leave Brazil and return to the issuer.

I hope to help friends, because sometimes it seems to me that they doubt the price, thinking that we are wanting to earn $$$ on the value of the post.

These prices refer to weight 0 to 999 grams, higher weights obviously, higher prices

Preço= Price

Thank you

Facebook
Alexandre Neles
Seeking information and new techniques, friendships are always welcome!

sytanta

• Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    • View Profile
Re: Posting prices from Brazil to abroad.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 07:54:02 PM »
Nice & useful info Alexandre!

Fast & good quality postage services are always NOT cheap. For seeds, it is better to use good shipping services.

guidelazeri

• Minas Gerais, Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2017, 08:08:59 PM »
Good work, Alexandre.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 08:36:47 AM by guidelazeri »

Caesar

• PR
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2017, 10:00:33 PM »
You get what you pay for. And from Brazil, you pay top dollar for tasty and rare species that are exceedingly hard to find. Completely worth it, in my opinion. If I weren't currently unemployed and strapped for cash, I'd be making several orders right now. So if you've got the cash and something catches your eye, splurge... Treat yo' self! You'll be doing your part in making something rare more common, and you'll be able to sell some yourself once it hits maturity.

Raulglezruiz

• Puerto Vallarta,Mexico. Lat 21.5 Semi Tropical
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2017, 10:54:55 PM »
Hi Neles, thank you for the info, do you mean they charge the same fee for a 20 grams parcel than a 999 grams parcel? Also I could not find the price for USA as in the picture were says the EMS price shows a fee for 20 kg or more? Please let me know price of a parcel with EMS With 10 jaboticaba seeds, thanks!
El verde es vida!

nelesedulis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 12:31:24 PM »
Hello Raul
The quote for the US is photo 4, they got puzzled, I do not know how to organize photos in this forum system.

Yes the value from 0 to 999 g is the same, it is indifferent, last week I sent an EMS of 40 g and the price was the same.

For 10 seeds EMS R $ 132,00 / 3 = 44 USD.

In the last two years postal services have risen almost 100 percent in Brazil, in 2014 an EMS in these same conditions would cost R $ 60.00, and one dollar would be worth 2.3 Reais.

I'm glad that my explanation was well understood by the people of the forum, and I'm sorry for some who were clumsy with me, thinking that I was wanting to get money wrong.

Alexandre

Hi Neles, thank you for the info, do you mean they charge the same fee for a 20 grams parcel than a 999 grams parcel? Also I could not find the price for USA as in the picture were says the EMS price shows a fee for 20 kg or more? Please let me know price of a parcel with EMS With 10 jaboticaba seeds, thanks!
Facebook
Alexandre Neles

Raulglezruiz

• Puerto Vallarta,Mexico. Lat 21.5 Semi Tropical
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 10:52:48 PM »
Hello Raul
The quote for the US is photo 4, they got puzzled, I do not know how to organize photos in this forum system.

Yes the value from 0 to 999 g is the same, it is indifferent, last week I sent an EMS of 40 g and the price was the same.

For 10 seeds EMS R $ 132,00 / 3 = 44 USD.

In the last two years postal services have risen almost 100 percent in Brazil, in 2014 an EMS in these same conditions would cost R $ 60.00, and one dollar would be worth 2.3 Reais.

I'm glad that my explanation was well understood by the people of the forum, and I'm sorry for some who were clumsy with me, thinking that I was wanting to get money wrong.

Alexandre

thanks for the explanation Neles! 😄
El verde es vida!

mangaba

• Brazil,Pernambuco,Recife
    • View Profile
Re: Posting from Brazil to abroad.
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2017, 06:03:33 PM »
By Brazilian Ministry of Agriculture as well as  Postal Rules,  to receive or to send seeds or plant products abroad you need a clearance certificate to be attached. To get an application for  this certificate is a long bureaucratic process. One is bound to declare contents of a package or parcel.  The moment the postal authorities read seeds or plant products they demand clearance certificate. If this certificate is not attached, the parcel is returned to sender or destroyed. If parcel passes postal  checking, luck  is on your side.   This has been my personal  experience

Cassio

• Brasil, São Paulo, Zone 11b, Köppen: Cfa/Cwa
    • View Profile
    • Frutas em Vasos
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 09:45:11 AM »
By Brazilian Ministry of Agriculture as well as  Postal Rules,  to receive or to send seeds or plant products abroad you need a clearance certificate to be attached. To get an application for  this certificate is a long bureaucratic process. One is bound to declare contents of a package or parcel.  The moment the postal authorities read seeds or plant products they demand clearance certificate. If this certificate is not attached, the parcel is returned to sender or destroyed. If parcel passes postal  checking, luck  is on your side.   This has been my personal  experience
Hi Carlos! Good to see you around.
You´re totally right. Luck is a good ally in our case, cause brazilian customs and law are a pain in the ass in this subject...

But, if my memory serves, Neles has the proper authorization needed, so, he can export seeds without troubles. ;)

nelesedulis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 09:53:43 AM »
Hello Carlos

Thank you for your attention, they are pertinent.

I just resolvited to publish this table of values to elucidate some badly educated people who came in contact by pm, and hinted that I was wanting to make money by posting the seeds.

I also can not give free shipping, because I'm not Santa Claus!

Even if you have a permit, sometimes the seeds go to IBAMA, which is the Brazilian environment agency, they check all the information and release the packages.

Facebook
Alexandre Neles

sytanta

• Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2017, 01:11:04 PM »
But, if my memory serves, Neles has the proper authorization needed, so, he can export seeds without troubles. ;)

+1 :D

mangaba

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2017, 05:53:44 PM »
Cássio: nice to hear from you and I agree 100% with you point of view.
Alexandre: Compliments on securing the clearance license/certificate. You have to tell us how you won over/contoured  the crazy bureaucracy.
         It is nothing wrong to demand a price for your work or job of sending. Many times we send an item and it never arrives  as it was destroyed in transit. The order party thinks we cheated. Best is to scan the envelope and send as a proof of mailing.
          With   brazilian  postal rates  skyrocketing  we will have to work from some other country!

guidelazeri

• Minas Gerais, Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 07:36:43 PM »
Hi fruit friends,
Unfortunately I have bad news to share with you. Prices for parcel shipments have risen in price today >:( .
The last increase occurred in July 2015 and the value remained constant during this period (R$ 83, around usd30).
Today the value has risen to R$122 (usd43).
So now we have these new unfortunate prices for shipment from Brazil to abroad:
0-500 grams                                      501-1000 grams                                     1001-1500 grams
Economic mode : usd 43                     Economic mode : usd 50                            Economic mode : usd 65
EMS : usd 60                                       EMS : usd 65                                              EMS : usd 72

It is important to note that Paypal takes 12% in this transaction (money transfer fee + currency conversion fee), already considered in these values.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 11:54:43 AM by guidelazeri »

Annonaceae

• Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 08:46:43 PM »
Alexandre I would never doubt you or my other Brazilian friends.

guidelazeri

• Minas Gerais, Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2018, 12:28:13 PM »
About Express mail service values (EMS), I need to supplement the information.
I have found that the EMS values are different depending on the continent recipient, so for packets up to 500 grams the values are as follows:
America - usd 50 (usd6 paypal fees + usd44 post office)
Europe  - usd 60 (usd7 paypal fees + usd53 post office)
Asia       - usd 77 (usd9 paypal fees + usd68 post office)
Note: Paypal takes 12% of the monetary values transferred, 7.4% referring to payment fee + 4.5% on currency conversion.
For other package weights, you will need to consult.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 11:53:55 AM by guidelazeri »

Mvule101

• Arua, Uganda
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2018, 12:57:18 PM »
Does it work well to have people bring the seeds out of Brazil in their luguage. I have a team coming from Brazil to Uganda end of April.  But I don't want problems for them. Thanks

mangaba

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2018, 06:45:52 PM »
As to what I know , and experience on departure or entry into Brazil, you have to fill a declaration attesting that you are not bringing in or taking our seeds or plants  in/out of Brazil. False declaration if caught is liable for prosecution. You can enquire about rules/procedures at the Consular Services of Brazil, in your country.

Th3_BrazilianShark

• San Diego, CA USA. 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2018, 11:49:13 PM »
I just got a package from Brazil and it was extremely fast! I used the EMS MERCADORIA 8-12 days and the package weight was 2840 grams, 6.261Lb for R$227 Reais, about $75. It was posted Feb 19, on Feb 22 was out of customs in Miami, on 24 I received it San Diego. I am very happy with their service using EMS Mercadoria.

Annonaceae

• Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2018, 12:06:59 PM »
Generally I have found postage from Brazil to be rather fast, as long as it's not stopped by IBAMA. Once they get it, it can take 2 months to arrive.  I think it depends on the inspectors or destination countries as I have received packages opened by IBAMA and re-taped up, without a permit to send overseas and they still let it out after inspecting it. This is where it becomes confusing. Maybe they target rare Brazilian species and let other stuff through?

guidelazeri

• Minas Gerais, Brazil
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2019, 05:44:00 AM »
Paypal had a small reduction on the percentage of their fees.
Now Paypal takes 10% of the monetary values transferred, 6.4% referring to payment fee + 3.5% on currency conversion

Paraponera

• USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2019, 10:27:38 PM »
Thanks this was very helpful! 2018 was a great year for buying seeds, but not so much for receiving them. Lol
IBAMA's re-taped packages are still extremely confusing for me, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one.

since I'm here...does anyone have any of the following:

Pourouma spp. (ANY, but preferably with edible fruit)
Couma spp.  (ANY, but preferably with edible fruit)
Guapira macrocarpa
Carpotroche brasiliensis (Achariaceae)
Cecropia sciadophylla (Cecropiaceae)
Campomanesia lineatifolia (Myrtaceae)
Eugenia calcynia (Myrtaceae)
Naucleopsis caloneura (Moraceae)
Helicostylis tomentosa  (Moraceae)
Helicostylis tomentosa  (Moraceae),
Brosimum gaudichaudii (Moraceae)
Odontocarya acuparata (Menispermaceae)
Swartzia reticulata (Fabaceae)
Byrsonima verbascifolia (Malpighiaceae)
Hiroshima cocolobifolia  (Malpighiaceae)

Cheers,
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 10:50:52 PM by Paraponera »
"Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better."

Albert Einstein

msk0072

• Greece, Crete, Hania, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2019, 06:36:38 AM »
ΙΒΑΜΑ is very strict with seeds packages. I had very bad experience with them
Mike