Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Buy, Sell & Trade

WTB Sweet Sensation Strawberry plants - where to buy?

<< < (2/3) > >>

FloridaManDan:
Festival (Everbearing) and Camarosa, to my understanding, are the other known cultivars that will do well this far south. I had luck with my White Alpine strawberries here, but got rid of the plants to make space awhile ago. A few other people I traded seeds with on Facebook in Central FL had luck with them though.

I have probably just enough of the white alpine strawberry seeds to send to you two if interested @Julie @Rob.

roblack:
Just called Knaus Berry Farm, they only grow Florida Sensation strawberries. They sell plants, but won't have any till beginning of next season (Nov 2023).

Julie:

--- Quote from: roblack on December 01, 2022, 01:58:26 PM ---Just called Knaus Berry Farm, they only grow Florida Sensation strawberries. They sell plants, but won't have any till beginning of next season (Nov 2023).

--- End quote ---

Wow..thank you Rob for calling them - what did I tell you though, sensation is the best variety lol

Julie:

--- Quote from: FloridaManDan on December 01, 2022, 01:08:23 PM ---Festival (Everbearing) and Camarosa, to my understanding, are the other known cultivars that will do well this far south. I had luck with my White Alpine strawberries here, but got rid of the plants to make space awhile ago. A few other people I traded seeds with on Facebook in Central FL had luck with them though.

I have probably just enough of the white alpine strawberry seeds to send to you two if interested @Julie @Rob.

--- End quote ---

Thank you!  I will look into those cultivars as well.  I plan to order some Sensation strawberries from Gurneys like you recommended.  For the alpine strawberries, are those as sweet as the red ones?  I'm growing them for my daughter and she probably won't eat them if they're not red (extremely picky)

FloridaManDan:
Hopefully this upcoming year you end up having better luck with the sensation. The alpine strawberry is not as sweet as the red ones, but its really good and flavorful. Similar to pineberry if you've seen those in the stores, although that seems to be a more recent commercial addition so not many areas offer them yet.

If your daughter is picky I probably wouldn't waste your time attempting to grow them lol, but some kids like them cause theyve never seen a "white strawberry" before.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version