Author Topic: How is my 2 years old lemon tree doing?  (Read 983 times)

izarys

• Kraków
    • View Profile
How is my 2 years old lemon tree doing?
« on: June 24, 2021, 08:42:42 AM »
Hello everyone!
Two years ago I planted a lemon tree from seed - just for fun, I have no experience with trees.
I live in Poland so the weather is too cold for lemons, and so I kept my tree indoors during winter, spring and autumn. During summer I keep it on the balcony and it get's a lot of sunlight - from ~11AM to sunset.
The tree is about 1,5m (5ft) tall and seems to be doing good. I've only fertilized it once with a fertilizer that my Dad gave me. What do you think about it? Is there anything I should do with it, or just let it grow as it pleases?

Millet

• Colorado
    • View Profile
Re: How is my 2 years old lemon tree doing?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 10:43:57 AM »
Looking at the size of the tree, it needs to be transplanted into a larger container. If you slip the tree out of its container I'm sure you will see that it is becoming root bound. The tree looks amazingly healthy, for only being fertilized once in a years time.  Welcome to the forum.

roblack

• Miami, FL 11A
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2021, 05:23:20 PM »
Your lemon tree rocks! Nice for a 2 year old. Agreed, probably time for repotting.

Forgot

• Argentina, Cordoba
    • View Profile
    • HowandWhentoPrune
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2022, 05:19:15 PM »
Hello izarys, I hope you have transplanted the lemon tree as Millet recommended. I have no doubt that this ship was beginning to be small for him.

In the event that you still have your lemon tree in a pot (I would like to see it) I think it will be useful to read some information on how to choose the best pot for an indoor lemon tree.

In the article that I just left you, you will find what are the best materials for the pot, what is the right size and what problems a lemon tree can have if it is planted in a pot that is too small or too small.

I hope it is useful. Greetings! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk