Author Topic: Propagating guava from leaves , an interesting video i found....  (Read 524 times)

Plantinyum

• Bulgaria , near Sofia city , planting zone 7
    • View Profile
This looks authentic, the question is will the leaves manage to sprout a new growing point ?

https://youtu.be/jVMYXDN6lGs

CarolinaZone

• USA,NC,7B
    • View Profile
Re: Propagating guava from leaves , an interesting video i found....
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2022, 07:48:08 AM »
Nice trick but how long until it makes fruit? I posted a video of someone doing some grafting and one of our members wisely noted that many of these videos never show long term results. I have some plants I would like to propagate but to be honest no fruit is worth 10 years wait in my opinion and most fruit is barely worth 5 years. 8)

Plantinyum

• Bulgaria , near Sofia city , planting zone 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2022, 09:40:07 AM »
Nice trick but how long until it makes fruit? I posted a video of someone doing some grafting and one of our members wisely noted that many of these videos never show long term results. I have some plants I would like to propagate but to be honest no fruit is worth 10 years wait in my opinion and most fruit is barely worth 5 years. 8)

Well dunno about this , for me its more interesting is this method viable for propagation at all, i mean do the leaves have the capacety to sprout a new plant, or they just made some roots for whatever reason and diev afterwards.
On the topic u opened above, i think that there is no data on this yet ,to jupt to any conclusions. Some varieties may be more sutable for this type of propagation, we need data and experriments on this as a start......

pineislander

• Bokeelia, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2022, 08:16:11 AM »
Guava is very easy to propagate from air layers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk