Author Topic: WTB: Garcinia dulcis  (Read 1768 times)

jez251

• Miami, FL Zone 10B
    • View Profile
WTB: Garcinia dulcis
« on: April 28, 2016, 03:14:48 PM »
Looking to buy a Garcinia dulcis plant in South Florida.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jaime

skhan

• United States, Florida, Coral Springs, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
Re: WTB: Garcinia dulcis
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2016, 03:29:41 PM »
A few of my seed just stared sprouting. I have a bit more then i know what to do with. Contact me back at the end of summer when they have some growth on them.
Jeff (Gunnar429) should have a few popping out soon and he is a bit closer to you. So you might want to contact him.

gunnar429

• Nothing like fruit from your own yard!
    • West Park, FL 33023, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2016, 04:42:58 PM »
A few of my seed just stared sprouting. I have a bit more then i know what to do with. Contact me back at the end of summer when they have some growth on them.
Jeff (Gunnar429) should have a few popping out soon and he is a bit closer to you. So you might want to contact him.
putting me on blast, eh, Sayyid?!  ;D ;D

Jaime, I have some from 2 sources...Joshua in Oz and Kona.  Some are just starting to sprout so I would say it'd be best to check back with me in June/July.  Barring any unforseen issues, though, I should be able to help. 

(Note to others reading this, please wait until at least July 2016 to PM me about G. dulcis.  Until they grow up a little, it'll just be a waste of time....after that, it's game on  8))
~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

skhan

• United States, Florida, Coral Springs, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2016, 04:49:41 PM »
putting me on blast, eh, Sayyid?!  ;D ;D

Jaime, I have some from 2 sources...Joshua in Oz and Kona.  Some are just starting to sprout so I would say it'd be best to check back with me in June/July.  Barring any unforseen issues, though, I should be able to help. 

(Note to others reading this, please wait until at least July 2016 to PM me about G. dulcis.  Until they grow up a little, it'll just be a waste of time....after that, it's game on  8))

Figured since your closer it would be easier for both.
Didn't think your hoarding ways a secret  ;) ;D.
We're all in the same boat here, over planted and still have plants in pots.

+1 about waiting till these guys put on some growth

jez251

• Miami, FL Zone 10B
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2016, 07:58:13 PM »
Thanks, guys. I'll hit you up in July then...

What's the story with this species? Is this the actual name? I'm reading that it is sometimes confused with garcinia xanthochymus.

Jaime

gunnar429

• Nothing like fruit from your own yard!
    • West Park, FL 33023, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2016, 09:17:35 PM »
Thanks, guys. I'll hit you up in July then...

What's the story with this species? Is this the actual name? I'm reading that it is sometimes confused with garcinia xanthochymus.

Jaime

It is called mundu.  I also have some xanthochymus seedlings but they are really sour...not for eating out of hand really.  The dulcis from Joshua is supposedly nice with sweet and sour balance.  Not sure about the Kona ones, but I gather they were good.
~Jeff

"Say you just can't live that negative way, if you know what I mean. Make way for the positive day." - Positive Vibration

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk