Author Topic: Where to buy finger limes with phyto cert in Sydney area  (Read 883 times)

Daintree

• Boise, Idaho - zone 6, with a zone 12 greenhouse...
    • View Profile
Where to buy finger limes with phyto cert in Sydney area
« on: October 01, 2019, 05:33:38 PM »
Hi All, I also posted this in citrus buy/sell, but thought I would try here also for maximum coverage. We are visiting in Australia, and I thought I would bring back some small finger lime trees in my hand baggage. Among othe restrictions, they have to have a phytosanitary certificate. Anyone know of a nursery in the Sydney area that could help me?

Thanks!
Carolyn

Pademelon1

• Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Where to buy finger limes with phyto cert in Sydney area
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 11:26:30 PM »
I doubt many nurseries are able to issue phyto certs in Sydney, and I think finding one with finger limes would be extra tough, as most grafted varieties stock comes from only a couple of nurseries between the northern rivers and sunshine coast, and non-grafted finger limes are mostly found in smaller nurseries. (And why would you go to the trouble of exporting a non-grafted anyway?)

Unfortunately the Aus Citrus Propagation Program doesn't have finger limes, so there aren't any official channels to go through either.

I'd try contacting AQIS (or whatever it's now called) directly to see what the options are for getting one and putting it through the process by a third party. I can't imagine it would be cheap though. It may be worth contacting some of the wholesale finger lime nurseries (up north) for their take as well, but I wouldn't hold your breath on them.

Ulfr

• Brisbane Australia
    • View Profile
    • Practical Primate
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2019, 11:43:54 PM »
Most nurseries have them up here but don’t think your going to get a phyto cert unfortunately..

echinopora

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 12:07:56 AM »
There is a nursery in Mooball NSW that used to export finger lime. They where sending the majority of their stock overseas I believe. I am unsure whether they would do retail. I have gotten a few off of them and they definitely used to post budwood (about 30 varieties) overseas for small orders. That might be an option. They are one of the few that have Crimson Tide and other deep reds. I got a crimson tide and byron sunrise off of them a few years ago. I think they were starting to wind down.

Mooball Nursery, 197 Kielys Rd, Mooball, NSW, 2483
Phone - 02 6677 0130
Mobile - 0400 097 885

Might be worth a shot.

Rob

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk