Author Topic: Wtb California grown sweet tart mangos  (Read 1165 times)

boxturtle

• usa, ca. garden grove Orange County
    • View Profile
Wtb California grown sweet tart mangos
« on: August 04, 2021, 07:24:06 PM »
Let me know pm me or text me 714 829 0109

Shobha

• Hacienda Heights Ca
    • View Profile
Re: Wtb California grown sweet tart mangos
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2021, 08:45:45 AM »
Are selling the fruits? Price per pound?
Thanks
Shobha

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2021, 05:12:40 PM »
I think you’d have to know the grower and “bribe” them with fruity gifts or have them be very nice and sharing like many forum members , but I think every mango lover in CA would love to buy some sweet tart mango’s. I can’t imagine more than 100 pounds being harvested in all of Southern California though. Is there any commercial groves with anything but the Coachella Keitt’s in CA?

BonsaiBeast

• San Diego CA, USDA zone 10a, sunset zone 24
    • View Profile
    • BonsaiBeast
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2021, 06:25:56 PM »
I've been reserved to growing my own. 4 years later, I have a few ripening on the tree now. Not for sale tho xD

socalbalcony

• California, South OC, 10B
    • View Profile
    • IG
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2021, 01:06:29 AM »
I think you’d have to know the grower and “bribe” them with fruity gifts or have them be very nice and sharing like many forum members , but I think every mango lover in CA would love to buy some sweet tart mango’s. I can’t imagine more than 100 pounds being harvested in all of Southern California though. Is there any commercial groves with anything but the Coachella Keitt’s in CA?

Not sure if its the same people but Wong Farms sells Valencia Pride and I think is in Coachella as well.. excellent quality fruits, I and a friend got a box this year from them. They also sell their own 'golden lady' but I didn't get to try that, they're always sold out.

UplanderCA

• USA,SoCal, Upland, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2021, 05:36:28 PM »

Not sure if its the same people but Wong Farms sells Valencia Pride and I think is in Coachella as well.. excellent quality fruits, I and a friend got a box this year from them. They also sell their own 'golden lady' but I didn't get to try that, they're always sold out.

According to this article, Wong Farms grow all three: Valencia Pride, Keitt and "Golden Lady".   I thought the CA grown Keitts were from another farm.

https://www.californiabountiful.com/features/article.aspx?arID=2305

I've been fortunate to purchase the VP and Keitts at the Santa Monica Farmers Market.  Their Keitts are so much better than the store bought Keitts.

Tony

boxturtle

• usa, ca. garden grove Orange County
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2021, 01:07:49 AM »
I got a 4 year old tree last year it gave me one fruit this year inwas hoping for me but fruits all dropped :(

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk