Author Topic: TAF Mango Scions Now Available! (not an April Fool's joke)  (Read 3070 times)

JakeFruit

• Mod Emeritus
  • FL Gulf Coast Fruit Lover Spam Fighter
    • zone 10A
    • View Profile
TAF Mango Scions Now Available! (not an April Fool's joke)
« on: April 01, 2023, 08:50:05 AM »
Just now ordered way more than I need; figure at least a few of you have been waiting for them to become available.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Re: TAF Mango Scions Now Available! (not an April Fool's joke)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 09:25:20 AM »
Thank you just put in a request 🙂👍

« Last Edit: April 01, 2023, 10:06:37 AM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 01:36:20 PM »
Any Watermelon Splash?  :P
John

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2023, 03:23:32 PM »
Any Watermelon Splash?  :P
John I think it would be way cool if Alex would get his own signature seedling variety. I'm going to be staying in West Palm Beach Shores the third week in June. So I'll go to Zills high performance plants and take a box of donuts to his secretary and turn on the old southern charm and see if I can find out if there's any there there. In regards to the watermelon splash.
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

Iceman716238

• Orlando, FL 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2023, 09:04:10 AM »
I requested and paid for my scions over a week ago. How long does taf typically take to contact you to ship them, and ship them?

SunshineState

• Tampa Bay 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2023, 09:57:42 AM »
If you paid the full invoice on time  not just the deposit, they normally ship out Monday or Tuesday with email confirmation.

Squam256

• Mangos, trees and budwood for sale
    • USA, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/TropicalAcresFarms
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2023, 10:44:39 AM »
I requested and paid for my scions over a week ago. How long does taf typically take to contact you to ship them, and ship them?

The request lists get checked on Sundays and invoices emailed on late Sunday nights and Monday.

Iceman716238

• Orlando, FL 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2023, 10:46:05 AM »

The request lists get checked on Sundays and invoices emailed on late Sunday nights and Monday.

Ok, thanks! 🙏🏽

JakeFruit

• Mod Emeritus
    • zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2023, 08:04:43 AM »
I put the request in early AM on Saturday, paid Monday morning and had the scions delivered by FedEx on Tuesday. Fastest turnaround time I've ever experienced, and I've ordered from various sellers at least a dozen times over the last few years. I wouldn't hold them to that expectation in every situation, but TAF scions have always shown up the week following the purchase.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2023, 09:58:13 AM »
I have no issue with being patient. I prefer my request comes back available then non-available. Hopefully they get some rain which may increase the odds of getting my full request of scions. One thing I am confident in is Tropical Acre Farms integrity they will deliver🙂👍

Iceman716238

• Orlando, FL 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2023, 07:40:38 AM »

Mine must have got forgotten. It's been 2 Sundays and Mondays with no invoice or anything.

JakeFruit

• Mod Emeritus
    • zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2023, 08:10:32 AM »
Did you get an email immediately following your order with the subject: "Thanks, we received your submission!"?

Iceman716238

• Orlando, FL 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2023, 08:48:48 AM »
Did you get an email immediately following your order with the subject: "Thanks, we received your submission!"?
I did

Iceman716238

• Orlando, FL 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2023, 08:51:15 AM »

Squam256

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2023, 09:08:13 AM »

Mine must have got forgotten. It's been 2 Sundays and Mondays with no invoice or anything.

If you didn’t receive any invoice and it’s not in your spam folder , then the list likely checked as nothing ready, in which case you’ll receive a refund on the deposit this week. Normally you would have been notified of this by now but we are running behind after receiving checklists for close to 1,000 scions this last week and were short staffed on Sunday.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 09:23:50 AM by Squam256 »

Iceman716238

• Orlando, FL 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2023, 02:37:51 PM »

If you didn’t receive any invoice and it’s not in your spam folder , then the list likely checked as nothing ready, in which case you’ll receive a refund on the deposit this week. Normally you would have been notified of this by now but we are running behind after receiving checklists for close to 1,000 scions this last week and were short staffed on Sunday.
Is it possible to switch to another variety that you might have?

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2023, 06:48:26 PM »
Pretty sure that they will refund you and you will have to place another order that's how their system works. 30 minutes after I place my order I realized that I wanted to add more. I just made another order and paid the fee. I'm thinking he has many things going on and I don't want to trouble him with something miniscule as the price of a cup of coffee and a donut.☕️🙂

561MangoFanatic

• Loxahatchee, FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2023, 08:21:34 PM »

There was an order I placed with Alex for a specific variety in 3gal had a 6month wait before notification of being ready. Fast forward to the following mango season (a year later) and I was reminded of that variety again and then I realized I forgot about my order! I contacted Alex and he answered right away and apologized about the system not sending the notification that the order was ready. He had the order saved with the invoice over a year later!!  He has since changed his system and I’ve had other orders with him without any problems.

Not surprised he has 1,000+ budwood requests. I can just imagine how many more people are also blowing him up for orders, scions, mango fruit, trees, etc..
Sergio

Squam256

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2023, 11:00:54 PM »
Pretty sure that they will refund you and you will have to place another order that's how their system works. 30 minutes after I place my order I realized that I wanted to add more. I just made another order and paid the fee. I'm thinking he has many things going on and I don't want to trouble him with something miniscule as the price of a cup of coffee and a donut.☕️🙂

Even if you place 2 separate orders in the same week, both fees get applied as a credit towards the invoice. Although we are likely going to change the deposit figure for larger orders.

Iceman716238

• Orlando, FL 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2023, 04:18:48 PM »

Even if you place 2 separate orders in the same week, both fees get applied as a credit towards the invoice. Although we are likely going to change the deposit figure for larger orders.
Hi Alex,
Since I was not refunded yet, is it possible to swap to a different variety? I have a lot of cultivars I am looking for.

Alex

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2023, 06:26:02 PM »

Hi Alex,
Since I was not refunded yet, is it possible to swap to a different variety? I have a lot of cultivars I am looking for.

Alex
I think calling him and having a private discussion would be better than asking him to make an exemption publicly. There is the GoFundMe option if you can't afford another fee.😅

« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 06:33:59 PM by bovine421 »

Iceman716238

• Orlando, FL 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2023, 08:46:41 PM »
It has nothing to do with a $6 fee genius. I could care less. Just would like the scions I purchased without having to wait again. If that is asking too much in your opinion, that's unfortunate as I did not ask for one. It's a simple question which typically gets a simple answer as I am one of the orders that fell through the cracks obviously.

Hi Alex,

Alex
I think calling him and having a private discussion would be better than asking him to make an exemption publicly. There is the GoFundMe option if you can't afford another fee.😅

Iceman716238

• Orlando, FL 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2023, 08:48:12 PM »
And thanks again fanboy.... Can someone kiss a** any more? Wow.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2023, 08:50:56 PM »
And thanks again fanboy.... Can someone kiss a** any more? Wow.

Iceman716238

• Orlando, FL 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2023, 09:05:38 PM »