Author Topic: TAF Mango Scions Now Available! (not an April Fool's joke)  (Read 3073 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

Squam256

• Mangos, trees and budwood for sale
    • USA, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/TropicalAcresFarms
Re: TAF Mango Scions Now Available! (not an April Fool's joke)
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2023, 10:21:25 PM »
Pretty sure that they will refund you and you will have to place another order that's how their system works. 30 minutes after I place my order I realized that I wanted to add more. I just made another order and paid the fee. I'm thinking he has many things going on and I don't want to trouble him with something miniscule as the price of a cup of coffee and a donut.☕️🙂

Even if you place 2 separate orders in the same week, both fees get applied as a credit towards the invoice. Although we are likely going to change the deposit figure for larger orders.
Hi Alex,
Since I was not refunded yet, is it possible to swap to a different variety? I have a lot of cultivars I am looking for.

Alex

Unfortunately You’ll need to submit a new checklist on the website. We do all the budwood checking on Sunday only. We processed the refunds this evening.

We do allow people to request dormant material in lieu of scions with active buds when they aren’t available for specific varieties, but you have to contact us in advance to let us know.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 10:33:55 PM by Squam256 »

Squam256

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2023, 10:26:43 PM »
Also want to note that With regards to this discussion about the checklist “fee” , it’s really just a deposit towards the cost of the first scion. It only becomes a fee if people decide not to pay the invoice. That’s not what this situation was about .

Iceman716238

• Orlando, FL 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2023, 07:56:17 PM »
Also want to note that With regards to this discussion about the checklist “fee” , it’s really just a deposit towards the cost of the first scion. It only becomes a fee if people decide not to pay the invoice. That’s not what this situation was about .

Thanks Alex, I appreciate it. I just resubmitted another variety that Becky says is good to go. Looking forward to grafting the white piri!
Alex(my name as well)

Victoria Ave

• Riverside CA zone 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2023, 12:48:34 AM »
Hey Alex,

Are orders closed on scions for now?

Thanks

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2023, 05:31:50 AM »
Tropical Acre Farms website is and has been accepting budwood request since the beginning of this thread

https://www.tropicalacresfarms.com/?utm_campaign=88fe4c8a-fe3d-47b3-b5da-90c573a90084&utm_source=so&utm_medium=mail&cid=7f793ecd-3196-46e9-8971-39ac4349ba90

This is my second request that has been fulfilled
« Last Edit: April 17, 2023, 05:43:09 AM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

fliptop

• SWFL10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2023, 05:20:47 PM »
Though not budwood, I ordered a Tong Dam grafted tree from Alex today 😄

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2023, 05:54:53 PM »
Though not budwood, I ordered a Tong Dam grafted tree from Alex today 😄
That's interesting and exciting fliptop I may have to come visit you one day to buy a sample of fruit Black Gold Tong Dam🙂

« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 06:11:14 PM by bovine421 »

fliptop

• SWFL10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2023, 06:17:19 PM »
Hopefully no more freezes or hurricanes here for a couple more years, bovine421, and I'll have some to share😊--bring some of your best and we'll swap!

Iceman716238

• Orlando, FL 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2023, 08:57:05 PM »
Finally got some scions from Alex. White piri was my choice after much research. Scions are super fresh and healthy. Luckily i have buddy tape handy! Grafted onto a 30g alphonso(waste of a tree in Florida btw). I have grafted Maha Chanok onto the other half of the Alphonso. Hope all goes well!

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2023, 04:45:59 AM »
Finally got some scions from Alex. White piri was my choice after much research. Scions are super fresh and healthy. Luckily i have buddy tape handy! Grafted onto a 30g alphonso(waste of a tree in Florida btw). I have grafted Maha Chanok onto the other half of the Alphonso. Hope all goes well!

Nice selection nice looking grafts🙂

Iceman716238

• Orlando, FL 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2023, 07:06:49 AM »

Nice selection nice looking grafts🙂
Thank you sir! I decided to do this after the Alphonso,  which had over 200 fruitlets, left me with just 1 mango still on the tree. My largest tree and gave me the lowest count of fruit. Very disappointing, but better varieties on it now lol

Iceman716238

• Orlando, FL 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2023, 09:35:31 PM »
Happy to report an update on the white piri scions from TAF! I've purchased Mahachanok scions from a forum member 3 weeks ago with no pushing activity yet. One of the white piri scions I got from TAF 1 week ago has already pushed through the buddy tape!!!! Didn't expect to see that happen so quickly, but definitely glad with this result 😀

Squam256

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2023, 11:18:47 PM »
Happy to report an update on the white piri scions from TAF! I've purchased Mahachanok scions from a forum member 3 weeks ago with no pushing activity yet. One of the white piri scions I got from TAF 1 week ago has already pushed through the buddy tape!!!! Didn't expect to see that happen so quickly, but definitely glad with this result 😀

Thank you for ordering from us and for sharing, Congratulations on your success. White Piri is really great.

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2023, 05:08:25 PM »
 Congratulations Iceman!
 Looks as though my White Pirie is about to do something

Iceman716238

• Orlando, FL 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2023, 09:35:28 AM »
Thanks guys!
Bovine, looks like you are almost there! Surprised how fast they take

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2023, 05:48:01 PM »
Come on Ah Ping be next

Zinc

White Pirie

fliptop

• SWFL10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2023, 12:21:46 PM »
Received scions today from Tropical Acres Farms. The entire experience was excellent, and the updates throughout the process were much appreciated. Looking forward to future orders. Thanks, Alex and Becky and team!

JakeFruit

• Mod Emeritus
  • FL Gulf Coast Fruit Lover Spam Fighter
    • zone 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2023, 08:21:47 AM »
Indeed. FedEx had the scions here the next day, fastest and freshest scions ever.

Anyone know what the chalky substance is on them?

fliptop

• SWFL10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2023, 04:54:05 PM »
Was unable to make the drive to WPB, so had the Tong Dam shipped. Very pleased with the tree I received -- thank you, Alex and Becky!

Lovetoplant

• Oxnard,ca
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 05, 2023, 12:38:44 AM »
Was unable to make the drive to WPB, so had the Tong Dam shipped. Very pleased with the tree I received -- thank you, Alex and Becky!

Very top ripen eating Thai variety.