Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Update on Excailbur Red, plus recent visit.

(1/3) > >>

JoeP450:
Hey Forum,

I just returned home from my recent visit to Excalibur, my mission was simple inquire about the availability of Excalibur Red jakfruit and Ross Sapote.

Excalibur Red: is available in 3 gallon they have 15-20 trees at 100$ a pop. I had to pass on the 100$ price point and for now stick with my Mai 3 and BANGKOK lemon and wait to sample the Excalibur Red before buying.

Ross Sapote: Richards wife denied the existence of Ross sapote and suggested it was maybe a renamed Canistel like the Tebow Young mango.....well it is what it is. Does anyone know where to find a Ross sapote trees for sale near boynton beach fl?

I also tried a few "white mulberries" though the pot they were growing in was labeled green. In fact they were partly green and white and very sweet with no tart tasted exactly like the sugar cane I grow. Gonna get me that mullberry in a 3 gallon next.

_JoeP450

Patrick:
I have a three gallon Ross Sapote (Grafted) in Haverhill west of Mounts Botanical for $30

bsbullie:
Yes, the white colored mulberry you sampled is in fact called "Green Mulberry".  To those who have never tried it it is honey sweet.  Some say it has nuances or a honeydew melon.

Joe - did Lynda say the Ross did not exist, she didn't know of it or that they form't carry it?

I did post a couple of weeks ago with respect to the availability of the excalibur red jackfruit.  As both myself and murahilin mentioned, these are brand new on the market and are currently very limited availability.

murahilin:
If I remember correctly, the green used to be referred to as the white mulberry at Excalibur a few years ago. Recently they've been calling it the green. Don't know why. Not sure if there even is a green mulberry species.

If it is in fact a M. alba species, then it should be called a white mulberry. I think it may be the white 'Shahtoot' which is a white mulberry variety. I would need to compare it to another white 'Shahtoot' to verify though.

FlyingFoxFruits:
Go to Pine Island Nursery www.tropicalfruitnursery.com ...they are the best and have very high quality trees, and sometimes are quite oversized for the cheap price you pay...I had fruits off of a 3 gallon Ross sapote tree that I got from them, only 1.5yrs after purchase.

Few nurseries come close to Pine Island, as far as quality of trees, price of trees, and cleanliness and organization of growing operation.

Ross sapote is very real, and very delicious...although some argue it's not a true canistel.

call it whatever u want, I just grow and eat them.

--- Quote from: JoeP450 on April 05, 2012, 12:01:14 PM ---Hey Forum,

I just returned home from my recent visit to Excalibur, my mission was simple inquire about the availability of Excalibur Red jakfruit and Ross Sapote.

Excalibur Red: is available in 3 gallon they have 15-20 trees at 100$ a pop. I had to pass on the 100$ price point and for now stick with my Mai 3 and BANGKOK lemon and wait to sample the Excalibur Red before buying.

Ross Sapote: Richards wife denied the existence of Ross sapote and suggested it was maybe a renamed Canistel like the Tebow Young/The Young mango.....well it is what it is. Does anyone know where to find a Ross sapote trees for sale near boynton beach fl?

I also tried a few "white mulberries" though the pot they were growing in was labeled green. In fact they were partly green and white and very sweet with no tart tasted exactly like the sugar cane I grow. Gonna get me that mullberry in a 3 gallon next.

_JoeP450

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version