Author Topic: Looking for Plinia sp. Jabuticaba Branca Rajada  (Read 4096 times)

Indra

• WA,zone 9
    • View Profile
Looking for Plinia sp. Jabuticaba Branca Rajada
« on: February 26, 2020, 02:08:06 AM »
Hello, I’m looking for scion or seedling.

joehewitt

• Hilo, Hawaii
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for Plinia sp. Jabuticaba Branca Rajada
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 02:15:36 AM »
In case you didn't know, that one's been going by "Watermelon" also. Seedlings have been sold on eBay over the last 6 months. I'm sure grafted trees will pop up in a year or so once people's trees have grown out a bit. It was just introduced to the US last year.

Indra

• WA,zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 02:41:21 AM »
In case you didn't know, that one's been going by "Watermelon" also. Seedlings have been sold on eBay over the last 6 months. I'm sure grafted trees will pop up in a year or so once people's trees have grown out a bit. It was just introduced to the US last year.
:)

Thanks for the information Joe I appreciate it. I’ve been outbid on over a dozen different auctions for the watermelon. I know it’s a new introduction but I was hoping for a extra small branch so that I would at least have genetics of that Var.

joehewitt

• Hilo, Hawaii
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2020, 04:14:12 AM »
I'd be happy to help once my little trees are big enough to cut. It will be a while.

TSmith

• Orlando, FL 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2020, 07:48:50 AM »
This is such a beautiful Jabuticaba! I have been wanting one of these too. Maybe after I collect a few more, like Joe said, there will be more availability or scions.

sunny

• Thailand
    • View Profile

Indra

• WA,zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2020, 11:38:15 PM »
I'd be happy to help once my little trees are big enough to cut. It will be a while.

Thanks joe I’m going to take you up on that offer when the time comes. The video you made in California about seeing what would make it outside was the reason I got my first plinia a couple of years ago.

Indra

• WA,zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2020, 11:53:41 PM »
This is such a beautiful Jabuticaba! I have been wanting one of these too. Maybe after I collect a few more, like Joe said, there will be more availability or scions.

TSmith it is number two in my book as the most beautiful jaboticaba, number one for me goes to Jabuticaba Malacacheta - Plinia sp. it’s like the opposite in color to the watermelon.

TSmith

• Orlando, FL 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2020, 08:14:26 AM »
Well it looks like I have 2 varieties that I need to collect! I love the look of the watermelon but the Malacacheta is beautiful. I really like the striations like a tiger fig! Let me know when you get seeds I am super interested in seeds or scions now too! ;D

TSmith it is number two in my book as the most beautiful jaboticaba, number one for me goes to Jabuticaba Malacacheta - Plinia sp. it’s like the opposite in color to the watermelon.

Lisaban86a

• United STates
    • View Profile
    • home page
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2020, 12:20:05 PM »
Hello have you found it yet or do you still need it? write me

TSmith

• Orlando, FL 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2020, 03:17:15 PM »
Lisaban86a PM Sent!

Hello have you found it yet or do you still need it? write me

Schutzhund

• United States, Los Angeles, CA Zone 10b
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2021, 02:27:05 AM »
Currently looking for this variety as well

Indra

• WA,zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2021, 05:44:31 PM »
Currently looking for this variety as well

Good luck it’s been a year and I’ve bid over ten different times with no luck. I’m guessing we’re going to be better off waiting until someone’s tree starts producing fruit.

Schutzhund

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2021, 09:46:01 PM »
Good luck it’s been a year and I’ve bid over ten different times with no luck. I’m guessing we’re going to be better off waiting until someone’s tree starts producing fruit.
Yeah you're probably right

shilohtech

• USA, Hawaii/Oahu, Mililani, 12a
    • View Profile
    • Grow Tropical Fruits Youtube Page
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2021, 09:43:02 PM »
I just listed one for auction. Sorry for the high starting price. I paid a lot just to get the seed.
Cheers and good luck!

http://ebay.us/RJzpkE?cmpnId=5338273189

Indra

• WA,zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2021, 12:08:49 AM »
I just listed one for auction. Sorry for the high starting price. I paid a lot just to get the seed.
Cheers and good luck!

http://ebay.us/RJzpkE?cmpnId=5338273189

Please start your own post in the buy, sale, or trade section.
Best regards.

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2021, 03:26:08 AM »
Your looking, he responded by offering.
What’s the issue here, couldn’t be more to the point.

Indra

• WA,zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2021, 08:26:36 PM »
Your looking, he responded by offering.
What’s the issue here, couldn’t be more to the point.

Don’t really know why  do you feel the need to put your two cents in but the whole idea of the post was not to bid on eBay. He’s not helping by posting an eBay auction helping would’ve been offering to sell the plant outright with no bidding involved.

Bush2Beach

• Santa Cruz, California Sunset Zone 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2021, 08:59:55 PM »
Your right , what was I thinking commenting on a forum.
How was shiloh to know you don’t want to buy one on Ebay, I doubt he reads minds.
Your better off finding rare Jabo’s or anything else by being nice.
Hot tip: most of the new rare or hard to find jabo’s only end up on ebay. Good luck.

Giant Gecko

• USA,NC,Welcome,7
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2021, 09:03:47 PM »
Good luck on finding a Plinia Watermelon any time soon not on eBay. It is a new introduction and is highly sought after. Actually putting a posting looking for it on here probably won’t help in you finding it at a lower price because it just increased more people interested in that variety. Your best bet was to ask one of the eBay sellers if they will let you know when they do another auction and  hope less bidders notice it. I have been outbid countless times just means someone else wanted more than me or I should of put a higher bid right at the ending.

Indra

• WA,zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2021, 10:24:27 PM »
Your right , what was I thinking commenting on a forum.
How was shiloh to know you don’t want to buy one on Ebay, I doubt he reads minds.
Your better off finding rare Jabo’s or anything else by being nice.
Hot tip: most of the new rare or hard to find jabo’s only end up on ebay. Good luck.

Hot tip: read all of the comments before making your own.

“Good luck it’s been a year and I’ve bid over ten different times with no luck. I’m guessing we’re going to be better off waiting until someone’s tree starts producing fruit.”

I don’t want to pay a large company such as ebay I want to directly support growers.

As for getting a cheaper price this is not the point.

Indra

• WA,zone 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2021, 10:57:28 PM »
Good luck on finding a Plinia Watermelon any time soon not on eBay. It is a new introduction and is highly sought after. Actually putting a posting looking for it on here probably won’t help in you finding it at a lower price because it just increased more people interested in that variety. Your best bet was to ask one of the eBay sellers if they will let you know when they do another auction and  hope less bidders notice it. I have been outbid countless times just means someone else wanted more than me or I should of put a higher bid right at the ending.

This post is almost over a year old, at that time it was sold more often off of eBay. Payment directly to the grower is what I was looking to do not pay online state taxes and ebay fees that do not go right the people that take the time and risk.  That is why I posted this in February of last year.

palologrower

• Honolulu, HI, US, Zone 12B
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2021, 01:42:17 PM »

This post is almost over a year old, at that time it was sold more often off of eBay. Payment directly to the grower is what I was looking to do not pay online state taxes and ebay fees that do not go right the people that take the time and risk.  That is why I posted this in February of last year.

i may have missed out, but did you end up getting one for yourself or still looking?

Schutzhund

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2021, 03:01:35 PM »
i may have missed out, but did you end up getting one for yourself or still looking?
I'm currently looking for one

shilohtech

• USA, Hawaii/Oahu, Mililani, 12a
    • View Profile
    • Grow Tropical Fruits Youtube Page
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2021, 04:14:37 PM »

I apologize for not understanding the state of this forum or your post. I was under the impression spamming is less ideal by creating multiple posts on the same subject in the for sale section. It wasn't until I saw your post (that got revived by someone else) come up that I decided to sell. I paid over $95 (plus $20 shipping) for 2 seeds that were imported from Sfax, Tunisia (North Africa) by Sellami that I won on a FB auction. I was not intending on selling it but since a few people were still looking for this specimen I didn't feel right keeping more than 1 of them to myself and figured it would be the fair thing to do to sell one to another person in need. I understood the price was higher and was not worried if it didn't sell or if another seller stepped up with offerings at better prices since I was content on keeping it anyway.  I wanted it to be fair for everyone to get a chance to buy it since I only have one seedling to offer and I don't have the ability to get more anytime soon. I myself am very impatient and wouldn't want to wait for someone's tree to fruit before I could get this tree.  I am sorry to continue this thread further with my post, but I do not want any hard feelings as this a tight community of Plinia collectors and it all comes down to the love of the trees.  I am just some guy who has spent many thousands (my entire savings) on seedlings on ebay and elsewhere on just Plinias this last year and wanted to pay it forward a bit and not hog them all to myself.  Again I am sorry -cheers and keep on collecting. -Shiloh
« Last Edit: January 19, 2021, 04:20:48 PM by shilohtech »