Author Topic: Is Animal manure a good soil ingredient?  (Read 6238 times)

onur

• NJ
    • View Profile
Re: Is Animal manure a good soil ingredient?
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2016, 08:49:53 AM »
Thanks a lot!  :)  Oscar, humans taking fiber and vitamin is a great depiction!  Simon, I've also seen those white strands. And it is amazing how nature takes care of itself curing diseases with its own tools and techniques. Urine is also said to work wonders with feeding plants. I remember a friend saying he had harvested unbelievable good crops after keeping cows in his garden, because they kept peeing. In some countries, farmers pee in their gardens to fertilize, as they cannot afford to buy expensive fertilizers!   :-[    :D

ajeshcool47

• India,Kerala,Ernakulam,Tropical
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/ajeshthoppil.tr
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2016, 10:55:55 AM »
COW MANURE IS BEST , ...THERE IS A COMPOUND ,CAN BE MADE WITH 2 KILO GRAM FRESH COW DONG PLUS TWO LITTER FRESH COW URINE ,ADD 10 LITTER OF WATER ,MIX THEM WELL AND KEEP IN A PLASTIC CONTAINER FOR 3 DAYS , STIRR WELL ONCE IN A DAY, ON THE FOURTH DAY ADD 20 LITTER WATER AND MIX WELL, THIS SOLUTION CAN APPLY FOR ALL PLANTS , WILL GET A BETTR RESULT, IMPROVES THE SOIL STRECTURE , AND PLANT GROWTH...THIS CAN BE DONE TWICE IN A MONTH...

greenman62

• CharlesitaveNB
    • [url=https://vgruk.com/]vgr uk[/url]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2016, 05:58:09 PM »
It is not only the nutrients in the manures that helps the plants, it is also the microbial life. Even bagged Big Box Store composted manures and compost generally have excellent microbial life in it. When you open up a bag of Kellogs compost from Home Depot for example, you can often see lots of white filaments or dots in the compost. Those white strands are beneficial soil organism probably some fungi or actinomycetes that can greatly benefit plants.

I've found that top dressing with a bit of composted manures and compost on a quarterly if not more frequent schedule greatly increases the health and vigor of my trees. The living life in composted manures and compost seems to have something that artificial NPK and even boxed organic fertilizers don't have. When using these living organisms, the results won't happen overnight. It can take 2 weeks to a couple months before your plants will start looking much greener and showing increased vigor.

Simon

for trees fungi is very important
and while manure can help it along, you really dont need it
and woody substance will work
i have a few inches of woody mulch around all of my plants.
pine bark is excellent, i love the small stuff as it breaks down faster
you have to add more, but it mimics the forest more in that respect.

i recently found a compost (made local)
that has no animal products, and i am very happy with the stuff.

i went into a wooded area near my  house
 a place that was never cleared by humans.
i did not see 1 plant with a nitrogen, potassium, or any other deficiency...
LOL

LaurenKnox

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2020, 06:28:12 PM »
Spammer
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 09:07:43 AM by JakeFruit »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk