Author Topic: Keyplex 350 for mangos and other fruits application for small user  (Read 690 times)

Jagmanjoe

• USA, Florida, Lakeland, 9A
    • View Profile
Many have posted about the benefits of Keyplex 350 and I did some digging and found it available through Nutrien AG which has several sites.  Some stock it and others may have to order it in.  I purchased mine through Nutrien AG located in Mulberry, FL.

Now the application and here is where I would like confirmation of my thinking.  They show application rates for commercial purposes which shows for tropical fruits at the rate of 1 to 2 quarts per acre.  In searching, I am seeing that farm application of liquid looks to be 44 gallons per acre.  1 to 2 quarts breaks down to 32 to 64 ounces per acre.  Dividing the 44 gallons into 32 and 64 ounces respectively would mean that mixing would be between .73 and 1.45 ounces per gallon of water.  Can anyone confirm that I am on the right track for this? 

They also say that the addition of 3 to 5 pounds of Urea or Potassium Nitrate per 100 gallons of water will aid leaf assimilation.  This would be 48 to 80 dry ounces per 100 gallons or, again breaking this down would be only .48 to .8 dry oz per gallon of water.

Just looking for someone with a better grasp of dumbing this down for small applicators like myself.  At my age, I can easily go into "idiot mode"  and don't want to kill a bunch of mango trees by overfertilizing.

Capt Ram

• Lake Worth, Fl
    • View Profile
    • Sailing-charters.org
Re: Keyplex 350 for mangos and other fruits application for small user
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2020, 07:24:52 PM »
Bump...
so I didn't see your previous post but what is actually good for...
Www.sailing-charters.org

Galatians522

• Florida 9b
    • View Profile
Re: Keyplex 350 for mangos and other fruits application for small user
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2020, 09:19:22 PM »
Many have posted about the benefits of Keyplex 350 and I did some digging and found it available through Nutrien AG which has several sites.  Some stock it and others may have to order it in.  I purchased mine through Nutrien AG located in Mulberry, FL.

Now the application and here is where I would like confirmation of my thinking.  They show application rates for commercial purposes which shows for tropical fruits at the rate of 1 to 2 quarts per acre.  In searching, I am seeing that farm application of liquid looks to be 44 gallons per acre.  1 to 2 quarts breaks down to 32 to 64 ounces per acre.  Dividing the 44 gallons into 32 and 64 ounces respectively would mean that mixing would be between .73 and 1.45 ounces per gallon of water.  Can anyone confirm that I am on the right track for this? 

They also say that the addition of 3 to 5 pounds of Urea or Potassium Nitrate per 100 gallons of water will aid leaf assimilation.  This would be 48 to 80 dry ounces per 100 gallons or, again breaking this down would be only .48 to .8 dry oz per gallon of water.

Just looking for someone with a better grasp of dumbing this down for small applicators like myself.  At my age, I can easily go into "idiot mode"  and don't want to kill a bunch of mango trees by overfertilizing.

I would call the fertilizer place and ask them. They should be able to answer the question pretty easily.

However, the label mentions that 1-2 quarts per acre is equivalent to 1 quart per 100 gal (under ornamentals). The main thing, though, is the amount of product (especially the boron, since it is the most likely to have a toxic effect) that you apply to a given area. I highly doubt that you will kill anything with a micro nutrient spray.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk