Author Topic: Wanted: Mango scions - Ceci Love and Super Julie  (Read 844 times)

mikesid

• Zone 10B/11a - East Boynton Beach - Florida
    • View Profile
Wanted: Mango scions - Ceci Love and Super Julie
« on: August 02, 2022, 08:00:41 PM »

Need to topwork some trees...send pm!

Jagmanjoe

• USA, Florida, Lakeland, 9A
    • View Profile
Re: Wanted: Mango scions - Ceci Love and Super Julie
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 05:10:51 AM »
Not wanting to hijack your post but if someone out there does have Cecilove mango scions with enough for a second person, please PM me as well. I would also be perfectly happy with younger growth scions (thinner than the standard pencil size).  Hoping you are able to get both, mikesid.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 05:13:35 AM by Jagmanjoe »

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 10:41:03 AM »
There's always Tropical Acres Farms if no one else can help you.
John

Jagmanjoe

• USA, Florida, Lakeland, 9A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2022, 12:37:05 PM »

My problem with Tropical Acres Farms now is I am only looking for one variety and just to reply they now they have a fee of $6.00 and the last time I tried to order several varieties they would only sell about half of what I was looking for and then there was shipping involved too.  I understand they are a business and they have costs associated but it makes the price per scion just more than is worthwhile for me.  I am hoping an individual would be more willing to help a another that has interest in grafting mangoes.  Particularly since my grafting success rate is pitiful at best, lol.  A month or two ago, I even contacted them about ordering a grafted tree from them and the earliest they could provide one would be next spring and that would be so small that it would take another 2 or 3 years before I could possibly expect any fruit.  I'm already pushing 75 years old with health issues and guess I just developed my interest in mangoes too late in life to grab all I want.  Not wanting sympathy just trying to explain my reasoning.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

mikesid

• Zone 10B/11a - East Boynton Beach - Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2022, 12:57:30 PM »

yeah, i tried, they only sell grafted plants and you have to wait 6-12 months after you make a request. I just want scions to topwork a tree.

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2022, 09:37:24 PM »

yeah, i tried, they only sell grafted plants and you have to wait 6-12 months after you make a request. I just want scions to topwork a tree.
Didn't know that.  Thanks.
John

FloridaManDan

• Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2022, 09:51:22 PM »
Super Julie is a variety sold by Truly Tropical/The Mango Place out of Delray Beach and their website mentions they sell various budwood/scions as well, you could inquire with them. As for Ceci Love, I can't find that anywhere. It is my understanding the variety was developed by the founder of Mango Men Homestead. Their website says they are not currently offering budwood but you could send an email, nothing to lose.

Otherwise, if you don't have any luck on the fruit forum, join some Facebook groups and request on there. Its hit or miss but most people are willing to share/sell/trade. I'd suggest the Florida Tropical Fruit Growers, The Mango Seedling Exchange, Florida Food Forest, and maybe the North American Scion Exchange.

And at the end of the day, you could always try your luck with what Tropical Acres has in stock. Definitely the most reliable for healthy scions in my limited mango scion experience.

Best of Luck,
Dan