Author Topic: Annona, Duguetia Labor day seed drop and Biriba, Herrania and Annona seedlings  (Read 1051 times)

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
Happy Labor day! I am back from a mini scouting mission and have some really interesting new species to introduce. I was able to source and acquire a decent number of Duguetia spixiana and offering a Labor day promotion of Buy 2 get 1 one free. It will automatically apply at checkout and will "stack" until they are sold out.

New Seeds
https://hapajoesnursery.com/collections/seeds

Annona dioica

https://hapajoesnursery.com/products/annona-dioica-seed

Annona coriacea

Anonna neolaurifolia

Annona ubatubensis

Annona spinescens

Duguetia furfuracea

Duguetia spixiana

Duguetia aff Lancelotata especiale

Eugenia langsdorfii

Randia calycinia

In addition, I am starting to offer seedlings of species as they are ready to ship so new species will be added weekly.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HapaJoeNursery?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=1250652319

Polypterus

• Smyrna Georgia, 8a
    • View Profile
I told myself I wasn't going to buy any more plants this year, but a lot of HapaJoe's selection was just too tempting. I bought Duguetia stenantha and annona dioica seeds, and was blown away with what I received. Duguetia seeds are hard to find fresh, but his are the best I've seen, as half the ones I received were already germinated. Annona dioica seeds also have a reputation for being difficult to germinate if they aren't fresh, but all of the seeds I received from him were firm and sank in water, so I trust they're all viable. On top of the quality of the seeds, he also included a couple extras.

While some of Joe's seeds are expensive, you get what you pay for at his shop. If you buy a seed from him, it will almost definitely grow into a plant in my experience.

nullzero

• Zone 10a
    • View Profile
Thanks for pointing out he has, Annona dioica. I have a mature plant in the ground that flowers, however it has never set fruit. I believe it needs cross pollination with another plant.

Great plant which thrives on neglect it does well in Florida zone 10a.
Grow mainly fruits, vegetables, and herbs.

SouthBayHapaJoe

• View Profile
Thanks for the shout out! Just a little note as to why I am a little more expensive. I travel to the source of these seeds. I fell for the trap of "Cheap" Brazilian rare seeds and things did not turn out as I had hoped. Unfortunately there are some unscrupulous resellers in Brazil renaming species and marketing to make a quick buck. I only deal direct with explorers or growers themselves unless I personally find the fruit in nature. I figured that people would pay for quality vetted seeds direct from the explorers themselves or their personal orchards. If you get seeds from me you also won't get any marketing gimmicks to sell seeds. Hopefully transitioning to a seedling seller as there is no way to make a living on seeds alone. :)

kalan

• FL Broward Zone 10b southwest ranches
    • View Profile
Hey, Joe. Wanted to let you know that 2 of my three seeds (d. stenantha) have germinated well, I'm waiting on one slow poke.

Also, a minor detail, but it may affect folks looking for your product: you have the spelling as "stenatha" in several places on your website and Etsy. However, I THINK the spelling is "stenantha" (with a second "n"). I could be wrong but you may want to verify it.