Citrus > Cold Hardy Citrus

Sweetest tasting cold hardy citrus

<< < (2/3) > >>

Florian:

--- Quote from: kumin on September 16, 2022, 02:24:17 PM ---Prague, being a chimera, is unlikely to offer any genetic contribution towards further improvements in the pursuit of edible cold hardy Citrus. That's not a great concern for the collector or the casual enthusiast.
In the case of a breeder,  however, it's not especially useful. The development of the first edible zone 6 Citrus will hopefully be a zygotic selection opening the path to additional improvements.

--- End quote ---

You are certainly right, of course. I merely mentioned it because it is very coldhardy and sweet, which is what Mike is looking for if I understand him correctly.

Unicyclemike:
Florian you are right. I am looking for something cold hardy and sweet.

tedburn:
But if you ve got the citrus bug, you still could try also some others for outdoor, even if the fruits are not perfect edible,
I have since 2 years in zone 7 in ground, Morton citrange, Thomasville Citrangequat or Dunstan - or 5* Citrumelos, and even some others as Sanford Curafora F2,....
Nice very winterhardy citrus (survived 3,2  ° F) with passive protection.

Till:
Here my harvest from this year (there are a few fruits still on the tree):

The dry fruits are probably due to growing conditions. Perhaps a bit too shadowy. Those fruits that were not dry were quite juicy. Fruits were sweet and not bitter. All seeds were underdeveloped.

hardyvermont:
"The dry fruits are probably due to growing conditions. Perhaps a bit too shadowy. Those fruits that were not dry were quite juicy. Fruits were sweet and not bitter. All seeds were underdeveloped."

What are you growing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version