Citrus > Citrus General Discussion

Taste of acidless orange Vainiglia Sanguigno vs. Vainiglia/Sucari/Succory

<< < (4/6) > >>

sc4001992:
No, I don't grow the Vaniglia orange. The only variety UCR has from their budwood program is the Vaniglia Sanguigno (VI-442) acidless sweet orange.

The Vaniglia Sanguigno (VI-442) tastes better than the Washington Sanguine blood orange (VI-521) to me. Both of these are grafted on separate trees and are about 10-15yrs old. I also have other Washington oranges (cara cara, late lane, parent Washington orange) that tastes much better than the Washinton Sanguine blood orange (VI-521).

I updated my list above.

JCorte:
I bought this tree a couple years ago after reading an article by Fruitmentor.  He mentions combining Vaniglia Sanguigno juice with other citrus like limequat makes juice that is "astonishingly delicious."  Also states that juice industry combines Vaniglia Sanguigno with high acid Valencia juice to make a better tasting orange juice.
https://fruitmentor.com/vaniglia-sanguigno-juice-is-astonishingly-delicious-blended-with-limequat-juice

Looking forward to my tree fruiting.

Janet

Bush2Beach:
Kaz , your Vaniglia photo it doesn’t look like a blood orange?
It’s acidless and taste like vanilla though?
Mines is all blood orangey.
I’ll post a picture

sc4001992:
Jonah, yup, many of my blood oranges do not have much red flesh color in my location. One time the Vaniglia show a little streak of red in the flesh. Yes, I would like to see a photo of your fruit.

I have the Rhodes Red Valencia, Smith Red Valencia, Tarocco #7 blood orange, Bream Tarocco blood, Cara Cara blood orange, Boukhobza blood orange, Maltaise Demi Sanguine blood orange. So far I don't think any of these gives a nice red flesh for me. Even the Valentine pummelo hybrid only shows the red flesh once in a while. I only have one unknown seedling pummelo (Tony #1) that always shows the nice red color flesh regularly.

Millet:
sc4001992,  no red colored fruit is of course due to your warm location.  Let me ask you a question.  Looking at your photos and the amazing fruit set do you follow UCR's Low Biuret Urea  spray program?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version