Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Mango: 2023 SoCal mango start flowering

(1/4) > >>

sapote:
Most of my trees start to send out flower stokes on Dec 1st 2022 -- much early than normal. Too bad as I will only let the fruitlets hold after March. I think reason is those trees didn't have flowers or fruits this year and they are busted with energy.

Same for your trees?

Eggo:
My smaller trees are flushing with vegetative growth but I heavily fertilize last month hoping for leaves over flowers.  I don't know if it's the weather or not as it seem others been getting lots of vegetative growth also.

My larger trees, I did not fertilize. They don't appear to be doing anything at the moment.

kh0110:
My franken Manila has started to bloom also for 3 weeks now and I've been spraying sulfur once a week since then. I'm determined to get some fruits this coming season. Powdery mildew has been wrecking havoc for the last 2 years.
The tree is 16 years old but no that tall.

Oolie:
It may not solve all of the issues, but one method that has been suggested is continually removing panicles to stimulate rebloom only allowing the blooms that form after the final rain of the winter season to remain. The idea being that the stimulated reblooms should form sometime after the final propagating event for the PM. That said, it may not work if the tree is planted in an area that receives significant morning dew. Only the most inland valleys have a chance to really avoid the mist, or east facing slopes far inland. For the most part the sulfur sprays may be the answer, though I've read skim milk preparations work as well.

sapote:
I don't know if the cold weather, or PM, that caused the fruits to have no developed seed and then they all cracked and fell off. This is the reason why I only let the trees hold fruits after March/April.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version