Author Topic: New Chewy Sugar Apple Varieties from the Sith Lord over last year  (Read 3708 times)

Coconut

• Boca Raton Florida
    • View Profile
This has been the worst Sugar Apple season I can remember in four decades.  It seem all my plants knew a drought of a generation were coming or something and choose to flower and develop fruits three to four months behind which is horrible for my wife who love them beside migrating wildlife!  The northern blue jays and European starlings as well as fat transient snow squirrels ( I Thought I have kill all the bushy terrorist) have suddenly hit my back yard of biblical proportion.  I had to chainsaw the 35 foot Boca Snob Chewy down to an 8 feet stump. The pest were eating all the green starchy fruits and will be here for the next six months so my Sherman's scorch policy will wipe them out and hopefully buy me a few year of peace before the next population cycle down the road!😫🌋

First Generation are varieties after some 30 years of developing I feel good enough to go into a ten years stabilization or more so you get a close to seeding parent plant as possible progeny!  Feast with your Eye!

Black Diamond Snob Chewy Sugar Apple ( Pakistani deep purple x Boca Giant Chewy Parkland x Burmese Purple x Siri Lanka Purple) is twenty five years in development.  Small to medioum size fruit that look like S*%#! Immune to wasp, If I was a wasp I would not want to land on this dung asteroid that look like a coal chunk.  It is the sweetest of my Callahosa River Chewy Sugar Apple line!  Can only be market in the Far East in limited demographic!

Gizzard Shad Snob ( A Boca Chewy x to Orlando Chewy x Thai Purple x to Callahosa Chewy Purple x Burmese Gold Sugar apple:

Blush Snob ( Malaysian Red X Burmese gold x Boca Giant Snob chewy: got an apple mint flavor a favorite of every squirrels, best hunting tree for the Lazy Redneck!

Beige Snob (Boca Giant Chewy x Burmese Gold x Annam Chewy) taste like eating a fresh sugar cane when chill a popular fruit with the local Possum, Possum taste like pork after feeding on this variety.  Medium size with nice Beige color!

Orlando Orange Snob Crush (improve Orlando Chewy I develop & feature last year, being more fruit having orange kisses and this is the number one Early Season producer of the finest squirrel meat.  The green fruit is so starchy like potatoes, squirrel hit them in early spring. Fruit is the least sweetish and its my favorite!

Here is a collection of chewy Sugar apple in development, there is only one in this picture that is not a chewy Sugar apple, can you tell which one?

The Biggest Fart in the Old West! 68 confirmed killed🔫💀

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
Re: New Chewy Sugar Apple Varieties from the Sith Lord over last year
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 12:35:51 AM »
I just realized u finally have some high res pics!

The difference is amazing.
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

micah

• Waipio Valley, Hawaii, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 12:18:41 PM »
Amazing feat.
Looks delicious!
Never tried a sugar Apple let alone a chewy one.

HIfarm

• Paukaa, HI, USA zone 12b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 03:10:52 PM »
I agree with Micah, some really beautiful fruits there! 

Oscar claims sugar apple does not grow well on this side of the island.  I have only seen them once (& just a few fruits) at Hilo Farmers' Market in 5+ years.  They were not the chewy ones, Micah, but they were tasty.

John

Amazing feat.
Looks delicious!

ben mango

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 05:26:15 PM »
nice fruits, coconut

Amazing feat.
Looks delicious!

i know of a tree in kapaau , right before halawa gulch... will check it when I'm there in january!!

stuartdaly88

• Phytomaniac
  • Zone 9b/10a
    • South Africa, Gauteng
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 08:28:47 PM »
 :) :) :) the orange colour and almost white beige colour is so cool to see! So much variation in sugar apples hey
Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

John Travis

• Winter Park FL 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 09:03:51 PM »
Well done! those look fantastic! If you decide to sell seeds I'd like to get on that list!
John

durai

• DURAI
  • MALAYSIA
    • Johor Bahru, MALAYSIA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 09:13:31 PM »
So much of hard work and patience!
Keep it up!
Appreciate your passion for new varieties of Chewy Sugar Apples.
Durai

skhan

• United States, Florida, Coral Springs, 10b
    • View Profile
    • Videos of Garden
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2015, 09:46:57 PM »
That's amazing, you got almost all the colors accounted for. Can't wait to try one of these chewys.

goosteen

• Los Angeles CA, 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2015, 11:08:24 PM »
A very fine collection.  I envy your fruit growing prowess.  Someday I hope to figure out proper irrigation and get a collection going like yourself.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk