Author Topic: Craziest Questions asked about mangos in person or via phone after leaving site  (Read 1050 times)

palmcity

• Martin County, Fl zone10a
    • View Profile
Lady requests and gets 1/2 greenish and 1/2 ripe mangos.

Lady calls back later after leaving and my wife hands me the phone for the question she has for me to answer.

Do Green Mangos weight more than Ripe Mangos?

My initial thought was I misunderstood as she has a different accent than mine and thus I asked for her to slowly repeat the question.

Nope, it was the same... lol......

What's some you've been asked???    ;D ;D ;D

Jaboticaba45

• Check out TN Tropical Fruits!
  • Tropical Fruit Tree Connoisseur
    • Chattanooga TN 7b
    • View Profile
Why is your tree sick? *notes new growth flush of brownish leaves*
No, the tree is making new leaves
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 06:22:11 PM by Jaboticaba45 »

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
I was talking to a lady about her avocado tree.  She said she decided that it's Reed after looking at pictures on the internet, but then she told me she had planted a seed from an avocado she bought at the supermarket.  So somehow it had miraculously turned into Reed!  People don't have a clue how grafting works and how varieties are propagated.  I tried to explain it to her, but she didn't seem convinced.  Nevertheless, I love talking about gardening to anyone at any time.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 04:44:06 PM by johnb51 »
John

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile

Lady calls back later after leaving and my wife hands me the phone for the question she has for me to answer.

My initial thought was I misunderstood as she has a different accent than mine and thus I asked for her to slowly repeat the question.

It should be the other way around.  Ripe mangoes should weigh more because they have more juice!
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 04:55:22 PM by johnb51 »
John

pagnr

• View Profile
Many years ago some of my hippie friends travelled from North Queensland to Sydney NSW with mangoes to eat for the trip.
When they got to Sydney, via the Sydney Harbour Bridge, they didn't have any coins for the toll.
They offered a mango to the toll booth guy, which was gratefully accepted and the toll waived.
Mangos were reasonably unusual and expensive outside of QLD at that time.
In QLD they were pretty much free if you could find a tree on the beach.

palmcity

• Martin County, Fl zone10a
    • View Profile

Mmmmm... Looks like I need to give the Answer::: They weight the same; the scale could care less if 10 lb of greenish not fully ripe mangos or 10 lb of ripe mangos...
_____________________________________________________________________________________
The Lady was insinuating she got less mangos today than previous visits because half were green. (I go by weight not number of mangos). She got exactly what she asked for....

If the lady had really wanted to know about the weight of a picked greenish mango  vs. the same mango 2-5 days later when fully ripe.... Of course some loss of fluid would occur but probably an insignificant amount and thus a tiny tiny bit lighter....

Actually any mango even a picked ripe mango would weight marginally less after  2-5 days  (perhaps wrinkled)... I hope all already knew that; but IMO an insignificant weight loss difference.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 10:26:20 PM by palmcity »

pagnr

• View Profile
My initial thought was I misunderstood as she has a different accent than mine

"Do Green Mangos weight more than Ripe Mangos?"
or was it
"Do Green Mangos wait more than Ripe Mangos? "

kind of makes sense, green mango don't ripen.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk