Temperate Fruit & Orchards > Temperate Fruit Discussion

Raspberries?! Are they true to seed

(1/1)

zwanif:
I love raspberries I have the normal red variety so when I saw that there's a giant raspberries variant I said I need this one sadly there's no one selling cane's of it

So I bought some seeds from ebay

My question are they true to seed
Will they become as giant raspberries?!!

Galatians522:

--- Quote from: zwanif on January 09, 2024, 03:41:41 PM ---I love raspberries I have the normal red variety so when I saw that there's a giant raspberries variant I said I need this one sadly there's no one selling cane's of it

--- End quote ---

Wild Rubus species produce fairly consistently from seed in my experience. Most cultivated rubus are hybrids and are variable from seed.

brian:
The problem I ran into growing raspberries and blackberries is that birds would distribute seeds of wild types that would become intermixed with my cultivated types and I could never tell them apart until they fruited.  If you have wild canes in your area be sure to clearly mark the cultivated ones!

bussone:

--- Quote from: zwanif on January 09, 2024, 03:41:41 PM ---I love raspberries I have the normal red variety so when I saw that there's a giant raspberries variant I said I need this one sadly there's no one selling cane's of it

--- End quote ---

Thimbleberries (Rubus parviflorus) come true.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version