Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Buy, Sell & Trade

Goji Berry

(1/2) > >>

Nomad:
Does anyone in Palm Beach County Florida have a Goji berry for sale? I have not checked with excaliber yet. Personally, I like to try to help out the little guy. 

Dangermouse01:
If you have no luck locating a plant, go to a Asian market and purchase a package of dried berries (probably labeled Lycium or something instead of Goji), soak one in warm water for about a hour, remove the seeds and grow your own. I had no problem germinating the seeds from the dried ones from the Asian markets.

DM

Jackfruitwhisperer69:

--- Quote from: Dangermouse01 on January 02, 2013, 05:36:16 AM ---If you have no luck locating a plant, go to a Asian market and purchase a package of dried berries (probably labeled Lycium or something instead of Goji), soak one in warm water for about a hour, remove the seeds and grow your own. I had no problem germinating the seeds from the dried ones from the Asian markets.

DM

--- End quote ---

Hi DM,
Thanks for the tip...will give it a shot 8) The local supermarket, Pingo Doce has them in packets for sale :)

Nomad:
I have been doing my homework. I am going to take your advice. I did find plants on the Home Depot site. They were 7.98 I believe. I filled out all their order form. To find out they wont ship them to Florida.

ggpalms:
I tried several varieties of clones from so called Himalayan and some other Chinese ones. All duds in two years. Lots of growth and flowers no fruit. They were sold to me as self pollinating. I give up. The chill is the problem!

Now of course I could be wrong.  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version