Citrus > Citrus General Discussion

Costco Dekopon Sumo Citrus Marketing Fail

<< < (2/10) > >>

brian:
I hope they are good for you, it had been so long since I had good ones I forgot just how good they can be.  I was thinking of replacing my tangelo tree but now I am going to give it a few years and see if I can get a good crop

The sticker on the ones I got says Sun Pacific brand. 

SoCal2warm:
I'll agree with the Minneola tangelos, I've had really good ones and ones that weren't so great. It probably has to do with freshness, perhaps a little bit to do with growing conditions and maturity of the tree.

sea4:
I recall sumos being somewhat more expensive Than other citrus, at grocery store, but was shocked to see them at $3 per fruit this year. I have yet to try one. I’ll just stick with my ridiculously expensive kumquats.

Jaboticaba45:

--- Quote from: sea4 on April 03, 2021, 06:54:42 PM ---I recall sumos being somewhat more expensive Than other citrus, at grocery store, but was shocked to see them at $3 per fruit this year. I have yet to try one. I’ll just stick with my ridiculously expensive kumquats.

--- End quote ---
I have seen them going for a pretty high price ($12 per box). I got mine for under $4 a box containing 7 each.

brian:
I see them at the grocery store for $3 each, or in boxes for a better price I assume but didn't check how much.  They are pretty good but I think a lot of the ones at stores are overripe, even for this type which seems to intentionally sit for some time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version