Author Topic: Seeds: Red Hybrid Jaboticaba, Achacha, Marang, Cambuca, Bali Salak,  (Read 6275 times)

shilohtech

• USA, Hawaii/Oahu, Mililani, 12a
    • View Profile
    • Grow Tropical Fruits Youtube Page
September 2022 Seed list

USPS First Class Shipping is $5
USPS Priority Shipping is $8
Large (heavy) orders might need shipping quote adjustments

Red Hybrid Jaboticaba - Plinia cauliflora x Plinia aureana - Fruits in 2-5 years - $1.50 each - Fresh from my tree.

Achacha - Achachairu - Bolivian Mangosteen - Garcinia sp. - Grown in Hawaii - $3 each

Passiflora laurifolia - Jamaican Passionfruit - $5.00 for 10+ seeds

Artocarpus odoratisimus - Marang - $2 each Fresh and plenty available

Plinia Edulis - Cambuca -- $3 each

Mangosteen - Garcinia mangostana - Grown at Frankie's Nursery on Oahu - $8 each Few Available

Bali Salak - Snake Fruit - Self-Pollinating Variety - $6 Each - Few available

Inga edulis - Ice Cream Bean - Long skinny pods that look kind of like a Churro - $2 each

Inga Feuillei - Ice Cream Bean - $2 each

Eugenia luschnathiana - Pitomba - $2 each

Jackfruit - Artocarpus heterophyllus - $2 each - Seedling grown - Most unique, best tasting jackfruit I've had, Yellow crunchy flesh, Very low latex, Tangerine flavor -

Mammea Americana -Mammea Apple - $7 Each - 2 available - Request in advance so I know how many to get.

Plinia Sp. Frankie's Dwarf - $2 each SALE! $1.50 each Grown from seed at Frankie's Nursery on Oahu. More than 20 years Old and only 6-7ft (2m) tall . Seed was originally from Brazil - Was said to be from a tree that makes variegated fruits. Fruits heavily, but makes irregular sized fruits, many are small. The small fruits have very small seeds. The dark red fruits have extremely short peduncles and grow in dense clusters. They develop interesting striped patterns at different stages of ripening on the tree. 
Fruits are sweet with some acidity, not too sweet like some varieties can be. It has a flavor profile similar to a Sabara combined with Red Hybrid, but less sweet. Has some cherry notes to it. Picked what I could since I am trying to get to the fruit before the birds and bugs. Most likely needed a little more time to ripen on the tree so could possibly make sweeter fruits, but it did measure up to 17% Brix. Sabara and Red Hybrid can reach around 20-25% at peak ripeness.

Older than 20 years with a dwarf growing habit (approx. 6-7ft tall). Medium sized leaves. It has leaves somewhat like a non-wavy Paulista.

I believe this is a Plinia cauliflora or some hybrid (not to be confused with Sabara which was renamed to Plinia jaboticaba). It almost looks like it could be a cross between Sabara and Paulista or Red Hybrid.  Many of the fruits have smaller seeds, especially the smaller fruits.

Sabara Jaboticaba Seeds -$0.50 each or More fresh seeds coming - Discounted germinated bags available.   

White Sapote - Casimiroa edulis - $2 each Special! $1.50 each  - Seeding grown, no named variety.

"Ping Pong" Red Tropical Longan - $1.00 each - Larger seed, but very sweet delicious flavor.

White Tropical Longan Seeds  - $1.00 each

Muntingia calabura - Red Variety -Jamaica Cherry- Strawberry Tree - $5 for 50+ Seeds
NOTE: Seeds are extremely tiny. Seeds will be shipped on a folded post-it note. You can scrape the seeds onto the top of potting mixture.
Seeds need light to germinate. Do not bury the seeds. Cover the top of the potting mix with clear plastic to keep from drying out.
Should germinate within a few months and you can separate the tiny seedlings with tweezers or a toothpick.

Kwai Muk - Artocarpus Parvus - commonly mislabeled as A. hypargyraeus -  SALE! $2 each
First time fruiting from this tree. Sweet fruits that taste like a tropical bubble gum. A bit like Fruit Stripe bubble gum. The more ripe ones do have a dried peach or apricot jam flavor. I quite like this fruit.

Yellow Cacao - Theobroma cacao - Yellow Criollo - $1.50 each - Available -

Peanut Butter Fruit - Bunchosia Glandulifera - $1 each Available

Abiu - $3 each Available

Eugenia selloi - Pitangatuba - Star cherry - $1 each - From 3 different trees - Some Germinated

Yellow/pink Guava seeds - $0.50 each - Not sure exactly the variety, it is a common, good-tasting, soft-textured guava.

Ruby X Supreme Guava seeds - $0.50 each in Stock

Egyptian Pear Guava Seeds - White flesh - $0.75 each

Hong Kong Pink Guava - $0.75 each

Apple Guava Seeds - Psidium guajava $0.75 each White flesh

SOLD BELOW

Inga spectabilis - Ice Cream Bean - Machete shaped pods - Very wide and long fruits  - $5 each - Sold

Inga sp. - Unknown variety #1 - Ice Cream Bean - $4 each -SOLD
Was told that it was Inga vulpina from Anestor in Brazil but the flowers ended up being white instead of pink. So most likely it was a mix-up with labeling from the original collector who brought them in, or some cross hybrid pollination happened creating something different. With all that said, it is the best Inga fruits I have tried so far. They are small fruits and many of them have a pointy tail at the bottom of the fruit.
The pulp is very juicy and very fruity. The flavor extremely good and has some atemoya or cherimoya notes to it. The tree has a much shorter growth habit compared to the other Ingas I've seen.

Inga sp. Unknown variety #2 - Ice Cream Bean - $4 each - SOLD
Very high quality ice cream bean fruit. Juicy with great flavor. Emerald green velvety fruit pods.

Myrciaria Vexator - blue grape/false jabo - $2 each SOLD

Fiji Longan - Matoa -  $2 each SOLD

Wax Jambu - Red Super Apple Variety - First batches of seeds are available now, more coming soon - $1 each -SOLD

Chempedak - Artocarpus integer - Great tasting variety - $2 each - Sold

Check back again, more coming soon.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 01:59:18 AM by shilohtech »

Filozophr

• Royal Palm Beach
    • View Profile
how much for shipping?
Feel free to pm me if you have any ANNONACEAE for sale‼️

Tropical Sunshine

• Coastal TX, USA zone 9B (down to zone 8A during a freak freeze!)
    • View Profile
I'm like a kid in a candy store!  ;D

Wow Shilohtech, that's a nice collection of fresh, healthy seeds. And the prices are reasonable as well. Thanks for posting this ad... :)
Teach a man to fish, and he will be able to catch fish for life.

Teach a man to nurture plants, and he will be able to eat durian, soursop, mangosteen, papaya, rambutan, and guava fruits for life!

shilohtech

• View Profile
Plenty of Sabara fruits I am processing through right now, sale right now.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 02:11:17 AM by shilohtech »

shilohtech

• View Profile
Added Inga, White Sapote, Vexator, Wax Jambu, PB Fruit

shilohtech

• View Profile
Added common guava and pitangatuba. Pending orders will be shipped out beginning next week. Thanks everyone!

just.jim

• Thousand Oaks
    • View Profile
Is it the fruit or seeds of abiu and peanut butter fruit?

shilohtech

• View Profile
Is it the fruit or seeds of abiu and peanut butter fruit?

Only seeds, cannot ship fruits.

CeeJey

• Arizona 9b
    • View Profile
My seeds got here today in great condition with a couple extra for the road, thanks Shiloh.

Dmaxx69

• Hawaii County, Keaau, HI zone 11b
    • View Profile
Curious how old your kwai muk was when it first produced? Thank you. Excited to grow these!

shilohtech

• View Profile
Re: Seeds: Inga, Vexator, Sabara, Wax Jambu, Abiu, PB, Pitangatuba, Guava
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2022, 01:25:48 AM »
Curious how old your kwai muk was when it first produced? Thank you. Excited to grow these!

It's my friends tree. He says it is at least 5 years old. This is the first time it produced fruits.

Rauf

• Azerbaijan, Apsheron, Baku, 8b-9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2022, 06:17:52 PM »

could  I order  Ice Cream Bean,  Kwai Muk,  Abiu and lemon guava?

Reafs

• Guadeloupe, French Caribbean Island
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2022, 09:48:43 PM »
Shipping international ?
Yohann

shilohtech

• View Profile
Shipping international ?
Yes depending on location and order size.

shilohtech

• View Profile
Added Mammea Apple, white longan, ruby supreme guava, Frankie's Dwarf Jaboticaba, and more coming soon.

shilohtech

• View Profile
Aloha, Sorry if I haven't responded to your messages yet, I am getting caught up on messages. I have been busy driving all over the island to get fruits/seeds.
Added an Inga sp., Inga spectabilis, Inga edulis, Pitomba, Jackfruit, chempedak.
Thanks everyone.

shilohtech

• View Profile
Added Mangosteen (non-irradiated), bali salak, apple and egyptian pear guavas, Ping pong red tropical longan.

Lucifermonkey

• West Palm Beach - 10b
    • View Profile
PM sent 😃

F2021

• Wellington, New Zealand
    • View Profile
Hello

Can you post to New Zealand?

THANKS

Elopez2027@aol.com

• USA, New York City
    • View Profile
Pm sent

kalan

• FL Broward Zone 10b southwest ranches
    • View Profile
Pm sent
Keith

Asifh

• Michigan
    • View Profile
How do I buy the seeds? I’m new to this forum. I’d like to get pitangatuba seeds

jaboguy888

• Florida 9B
    • View Profile
pm sent

Rauf

• Azerbaijan, Apsheron, Baku, 8b-9a
    • View Profile
pm sent

Eric Estrada

• USA, CA, Ventura 9b
    • View Profile
Not responding dms  :(