Author Topic: Nectarine problems, i need your advice!  (Read 301 times)

Plantinyum

• Bulgaria , near Sofia city , planting zone 7
    • View Profile
Nectarine problems, i need your advice!
« on: April 27, 2023, 11:25:17 AM »
My beloved nectarine is acting funky lately, the leaves are super thin and do not expand as they should. Ive sprayed several times over winter with copper fugicide , that was before it woke up. I dont think this is peach leaf curl as there are no red bumps on the leaves and the plants leaves are all looking like that, whereas leaf curl affects mostly portions of the tree, when it is just starting.
I gave the tree granular fruit tree fertilizer with an even number, i think 15-15-15.
Could i have given the tree too much fertiliser? I have also sprayed last week with fungicide and incecticide, but i doubth that whats happening is triggered bu this, since i have 2 potted ,grafted nectarines from the same variety, that are not having this problem, they were also sprayed. I will show pictures of the inground one and of the potted ones, the difference is clearly visible.
Right now i think i may have overfertilized the plant, i have put generous amount of fert on it, thought i think it got the same amount compared to my other trees, which arent having any problems now. Anyway , i will water it heavily so as to wash off the excess fertilizer. I would be happy for the problem to be the fertiliser and not something more serious, this plant means alot to me.....
Here are pics of the problematic nectarine.
Does this look like a overfertilization problem ?

Here are the potted ones, leaves are visually wider and they look exactly like they should, they also got from the fertiliser, but of course alot less as they are potted.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2023, 11:29:22 AM by Plantinyum »