Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Buy, Sell & Trade

(New) Giant Jaboticaba from Piray (Plinia sp.) seeds!

(1/2) > >>

huertasurbanas:
Prices: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ba0iLzeia6R2Wry1IZd8RABU25il08_JTFhH158nTmA/edit#gid=0

The Giant Piray Jaboticaba is a rare fruit native to the Piray River region in Misiones, Argentina. The Piray River, also known as Pira-í Guazú River, is a tributary of the Paraná River located in the province of Misiones. Its name in Guarani language means "river of fish".

The 80 years old tree has elongated leaves, similar to P. coronata but maybe of a different species, with larger leaves and very large fruits as seen in the photos. The pulp is sweet, juicy and of excellent flavor. The seeds are large but the proportion of pulp is very good.

It is very difficult to find this species because we only know of one tree, owned by an old man who lives in the jungle and has little contact with the city of Eldorado, which he visits from time to time. Last year we had lost contact but we have resumed it, so this is a great opportunity to get seeds that we may never have again!

We are taking reservations, you can send an email to marcospcmusica@gmail.com. Shipments within and outside the USA will begin in approximately 1 month, depending on the time required by state agencies to process international shipments. We will ship to the USA and from there to everywhere through my partner in the USA.

UPDATE: new photo!

huertasurbanas:
We are taking reservations

huertasurbanas:

Today I finally tried the fruits of this Piray jaboticaba, and I have good news: they are really good, similar in taste to the ones from Sabará and other similar species, with a generous amount of pulp. I was amazed by their juiciness, sweetness, and a touch of necessary acidity that gives them personality. They are excellent for any kind of culinary preparation. We will be making ice creams with the pulp soon.

On the other hand, it's worth mentioning that this species produces fruits towards the end of autumn in Argentina, and I'm not aware of any other species that does so. This could be a remarkable characteristic, as it will bear fruits when hardly any other tree is offering something to eat. It will later produce fruits 1 or 2 more times in the year, but the tree is located far away, lost in the jungle, so there's no guarantee we'll come across it again.

huertasurbanas:
Some of them are 4cm diameter, we will do icecreams!

huertasurbanas:
Cleaned, healthy seeds, ready to send soon:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version