Author Topic: Lychee thieves got me last nite.  (Read 10238 times)

Jackfruitwhisperer69

• Zone 11b
    • View Profile
Re: Lychee thieves got me last nite.
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2013, 05:54:38 PM »
Hi Mike,
Sorry to hear :'( Hope they don't come back for the 2nd time...to pick them ripe...keep your eyes peeled :)
Time is like a river.
You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again.
Enjoy every moment of your life!

dongeorgio

• If you have any mango that I don't...CONTACT ME!
    • zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2013, 06:06:34 PM »
Post a note on the tree.  Please enjoy!  20 fruit have been injected with urine but the rest of them are delicious. 
George

BENDERSGROVE

• BENDER'S TROPICAL GROVE
    • USA, Davie, FL 33331, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • BENDERSGROVE
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2013, 06:12:49 PM »
Post a note on the tree.  Please enjoy!  20 fruit have been injected with urine but the rest of them are delicious.
hahaha, best one yet!!!

MarkoS

• Stuart, FL Zone 9B
    • USA, Florida, Stuart, 10A
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2013, 07:03:34 PM »
Well if you don't want to bother the neighbor with a light, there is a motion sensor that you can attach to a garden hose.  That way you can soak the culprit.
Just do a search for "Scarecrow Motion Activated Sprinkler".

venturabananas

• USA, CA, Ventura, zone 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2013, 07:09:54 PM »
Does it hang over your fence and over public property, e.g., a sidewalk?  If so, in California, those fruit would be fair game for anyone, legally.  But I've had people walk well onto my property and pick unripe fruit and then squash them on the sidewalk.  That is especially annoying!

edzone9

• Zone 10 SW Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2013, 08:23:37 PM »
Now you guys got me going now. I will look for a lechee fruit to taste if its kosher I will buy the tree.
Zone 10

simon_grow

• USA, San Diego, CA, Zone 10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2013, 12:28:47 AM »
Sorry to hear about the theft. I wonder if you could rub ghost peppers on the top of your fence. These peppers are super spicy and I wonder if they a be used to prevent both two and four legged thieves?
I like the idea about the motion sensing lights, I hear there is also a motion sensing water sprayer.
Simon

FlyingFoxFruits

• Prince of Plinia
  • www.FlyingFoxFruits.com
    • USA, FEMA Region IV, FL Zone 9a
    • View Profile
    • Flying Fox Fruits
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2013, 12:48:20 AM »
hahaha, best one yet!!!

no habla ingles....你的水果是我的水果.....मैं हस्ताक्षर नहीं देख सकता था
www.FlyingFoxFruits.com

www.PLINIAS.com

https://www.ebay.com/usr/flyingfoxfruits

www.youtube.com/FlyingFoxFruits

https://www.instagram.com/flyingfoxfruits/
I disabled the forum's personal messaging system, please send an email to contact me, FlyingFoxFruits@gmail.com

fruitlovers

• www.fruitlovers.com
    • USA, Big Island, East Hawaii, Zone 13a
    • View Profile
    • Fruit Lover's Nursery
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2013, 02:19:55 AM »
I've also seen people put up big nets around the fruit that protrudes over a fence or property line (not even covering the whole tree).  It seems like people are less likely to steal fruits if they have to break something, or bypass another barrier to commit the crime.  When thieves can see you've done something to protect your fruits, they're less likely to strike!  It gives the impression that the owner is on guard...and cares about the fruits enough to protect them...maybe even kill for them  ;D

The tree is too far from the house and the lights would bother my neighbors on the other side of the street every time a car drove by, I thought about it, but just not worth the trouble, as far as inside my yard, the dogs will take care of that problem.

Adam, weren't you the one way back that posted a thread asking if it's ok to take fruit hanging over the fence? William, have you checked up on Adam?  ;) Now i know the REAL reason Floridians are so adamant about gun rights!  :) :) Personally i would prune that part of lychee tree hanging over the fence William. Get that tree to produce fruits that are clearly inside your own domain.
BTW, i used the motion detector and lights alarm, but not for humans, but for pigs before i fenced my place, to try and scare them away. I caught the piggies oinking and munching away with lights on in middle of the night!  :o
Oscar