Author Topic: Just Someone Else Selling Plants  (Read 2363 times)

W.

• United States, Alabama, 7b
    • View Profile
Just Someone Else Selling Plants
« on: June 13, 2022, 02:35:04 AM »
Just like last summer, I have too many plants and need to clear out some space. So, I am selling off some of my extra seedlings/plants. Some of these are relatively common plants, others are hard to find (such as Antidesma dallachyanum and Pouteria glomerata) and difficult to germinate (Myrciaria floribunda and Nauclea xanthoxylon). These plants have been grown organically, with organic pest control and fertilizer with the exception of a few plants which have been fertilized using Osmocote. Some of the plants do not look perfect but all are healthy. Just about all these plants are root-bound and need to be up-potted with some light fertilizing, which you should do once they become acclimated to your growing area.

Although photographed in the sun, these plants have all been grown either in a mostly shady location or indoors under grow lights; they were moved into the sun very briefly just for me to take photographs of them. They should be introduced to sunnier conditions very gradually to prevent any leaf burn or other damage.

These plants will be shipped using USPS Priority Mail with the shipping costs based on the size, weight, number of plants ordered, and buyer location. The US Postal Service’s recent price increase on Priority Mail means that tall plants are more expensive than they were last summer. I will do what I can to save you money on shipping costs by making these plants as compact as possible for shipping without damaging them. They will not be shipped bare root; they will be shipped in a container with potting soil, though they may be down-potted to reduce weight. I do not ship internationally. Although I live in an area free of greening and other citrus pests, my citrus plants still cannot be shipped to the citrus states and territories due to USDA regulations. Buyers in California, Arizona, and Hawaii purchase plants at your own risk; I am not responsible if they are confiscated.

Payment through PayPal.

Feel free to contact me with any questions you might have.

Scientific Name (Common Name) – Number of Seedlings Available – Seedling Size (Pot Height Not Included) – Seedling Age – Price Per Plant
Also included is where I purchased the seeds, a common question I received last year.

Annona cherimola (Cherimoya) – 3 – 21”-26” tall – about 3 years – $20
Seeds purchased from a reputable eBay seller.

Annona squamosa (Red Sugar Apple) – 2 – 10”-13” tall – about 3 years – $15

Antidesma dallachyanum (Herbert River Cherry) – 1 – 5” tall – over 1 year – $25
Seeds purchased from Trade Winds Fruit.

Carissa macrocarpa (Natal Plum) – 2 1 – 5”-7½” tall – over 1 year – $10

[Photo Coming Soon]
Citrus Χ limonia (Rangpur Lime) – 2 – 12”-16” tall – about 3 years – $20

Citrus Χ meyeri (Meyer Lemon) – 9 – 11”-26” tall – about 3 years – $15
Seeds from commercially sold fruit.

[Photo Coming Soon]
Citrus Χ paradisi (Red Grapefruit) – 14 – 5”-17” tall – about 1 year – $10

C. reticulata Χ sinensis (Murcott Orange/Honey Tangerine) – 14 – 8”-15” tall – about 3 years – $20

Citrus x sinensis (Moro Blood Orange) – 23 – 9”-18” tall – about 3 years – $25

[Photo Coming Soon]
Citrus Χ tangelo (Minneola Tangelo) – 3 – 12”-18” tall – about 3 years – $20

[Photo Coming Soon]
Eugenia involucrata (Cherry of the Rio Grande) – 1 – 16” tall – about 2 years – $25 (clay pot not included)
Seeds purchased from a Tropical Fruit Forum member.

Eugenia itaguahiensis (Dwarf Grumichama) – 1 – 2½” tall (a painfully slow-growing plant) – over 1 year – $25

Eugenia pyriformis or lutescens (Sweet Uvaia) – 1 – 7” tall – over 1 year – $25
Seeds received from a Tropical Fruit Forum member, who bought them from Marcos.

Eugenia uniflora (Surinam Cherry) – 14 – 15”-27” tall – about 3 years – $20

Eugenia uniflora var. Dasyblasta (Dasyblasta/Smooth Pitanga/Surinam Cherry) – 1 – 8” tall – over 1 year – $20

Hylocereus megalanthus (Yellow Dragon Fruit) – 6 – 4”-8” long – over 1 year – $8
Seeds from a commercial variety of Yellow Dragon Fruit.

Melicoccus bijugatus (Mamoncillo/Genip/Spanish Lime) – 9 2 – 5”-9” tall – under 1 year – $9
Seeds from a commercial variety of Mamoncillo.

Myrciaria floribunda (Rumberry/Guavaberry) – 2 1 – 2”-5” tall – under 2 years – $40

Myrciaria glazioviana (Yellow Jaboticaba) – 2 – 5½” tall – over 1 year – $20
Seeds purchased from Farwell Fruit Farm.

Myrciaria vexator (Blue Grape Jaboticaba) – 1 – 6” tall – under 2 years – $20

Nauclea xanthoxylon (Ndea) – 2 1 – 10”-12” tall – over 1 year – $40

Passiflora edulis (Purple Passion Fruit) – 5 – 20”-36” long (trimmed back to those lengths) – about 3 years – $10

Plinia coronata (Restinga Jaboticaba) – 1 – 2” tall – under 1 year – $13

Plinia hybrid (Scarlet/Escarlate Jaboticaba) – 1 – 9” tall – about 2 years – $30 (clay pot not included)

Plinia phitrantha (Branca Jaboticaba) – 1 – 7” tall (10” wide) – about 2 years – $25

Plinia phitrantha (Costada Jaboticaba) – 2 – 3”-11” tall – about 2 years – $20
Purchased from Adam Shafran at Flying Fox Fruits, these are from a batch of Novak, ESALQ, and Otto Andersen seeds that he lost the label to, so he sold them as generic Plinia phitrantha “Costada” jaboticabas. Of course, given all the Plinia pollen around his property, who knows exactly what type of jaboticaba these will become. They are the same age, the small one has always grown very slowly.

Plinia rivularis (Guaporeti) – 2 – 6-10” tall – over 1 year – $35
Purchased from a reputable eBay seller. Due to a lack of rain in my area, I had to water them with city water for a while. That caused the tip burn to the leaves. The new growth does not have that issue since I have been able to resume watering them with rainwater.

Pouteria glomerata (Cinnamon Apple) – 1 – 3½” tall – under 1 year – $25

Psidium guajava (Patillo Guava) – 6 – 2”-14” tall (the 2” and 14” plants are outliers, the rest are 6”-9” tall) – over 1 year – $10

Psidium guineense (Brazilian Guava) – 3 – 6”-10” tall – over 1 year – $24

[Photo Coming Soon]
Syzygium jambos (Rose Apple) – 2 – 39”-50” tall – over 3 years – $60 (pots not included)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 10:07:39 PM by W. »

Polypterus

• Smyrna Georgia, 8a
    • View Profile
Re: Just Someone Else Selling Plants
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 08:57:25 AM »
PM

elouicious

• Houston, Tx
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 01:29:43 PM »
Received my plants in fabulous condition and record time-

W. is always a pleasure to work with (and a handwriting artist)

W.

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 02:45:33 PM »
Received my plants in fabulous condition and record time-

W. is always a pleasure to work with (and a handwriting artist)

Thank you for your purchase and for the positive feedback. I hope you enjoy your plants and that they grow and fruit for you in record time.

Polypterus

• Smyrna Georgia, 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 06:56:29 PM »
Just got my sugar apple seedling in the mail from W, I strongly doubt I could have gotten a better plant for the price. Exceptional packaging, shipping time, and quality plant.

W.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2022, 09:23:57 PM »
Bump

W.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2022, 04:08:30 PM »
Updated.

Rispa

• Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2022, 09:53:59 PM »
If anyone is thinking of ordering, but had trouble with usps, this is the guy to order from. Those plants weren't going to nudge a millimeter without cutting away tape. They also came very healthy and unstressed.

W.

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2022, 10:18:42 PM »
If anyone is thinking of ordering, but had trouble with usps, this is the guy to order from. Those plants weren't going to nudge a millimeter without cutting away tape. They also came very healthy and unstressed.

I use a lot of tape to secure plants. Better that than them coming loose, bouncing around in the box, and being damaged. I also water them thoroughly before shipping so they do not dry out. It adds some weight but if I didn't, with the heat right now, your plants would have been fried to a crisp long before they got to Texas.

sooperken

• USA, CA, Central Coast, Zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2022, 03:03:12 AM »
sent you a PM.

Rispa

• Houston, TX
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2022, 03:09:20 AM »

I use a lot of tape to secure plants. Better that than them coming loose, bouncing around in the box, and being damaged. I also water them thoroughly before shipping so they do not dry out. It adds some weight but if I didn't, with the heat right now, your plants would have been fried to a crisp long before they got to Texas.

It made a difference. I appreciate the extra care you put in. Thank you!

sooperken

• USA, CA, Central Coast, Zone 9a
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2022, 03:51:49 PM »
The plants arrived today. Thanks William! 

hashad

• Dallas, Texas. Zone 8a
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2022, 05:38:27 PM »
Plants arrived healthy and well packed! Thanks a lot!

W.

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2022, 10:30:39 PM »
Thank you to everyone who has purchased plants. I am glad they have found new plant collections to be parts of while helping me clear out some space in my collection.

W.

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2022, 10:51:59 AM »
I noticed that Bellamy Trees sold a Brazilian guava during his latest round of eBay auctions for $34.00 plus shipping. Now, I am not saying that he should not have gotten that much for his Brazilian guava; he is a great seller who I have bought several plants from in the past. I am simply saying that to any growers who want a Brazilian guava, I still have one left; it is less expensive, and you do not have to worry about being outbid.

Also, my Plinia phitrantha Branca and Escarlate jaboticabas need to be up-potted very soon. They are putting on new growth but are root-bound and have been for a while. Their sale prices and shipping costs will go up once I re-pot them. Order now if you want them at their current prices.

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2022, 11:39:10 AM »
I've been selling plants for 35$ that sell for 300$ on Bellamys ebay auctions...haha. I think it's all about visibility or something.
Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

W.

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2022, 01:42:40 PM »
I've been selling plants for 35$ that sell for 300$ on Bellamys ebay auctions...haha. I think it's all about visibility or something.

It is. I remember when Jonathan first started selling plants on eBay; he got very few bids and people (including myself) were able to get plants at incredible deals. But, once the word got around on his auctions, by the third or fourth round he was getting prices commensurate with their rarity and value. It happens with all rare fruit plant sellers who sell on eBay. It happened with me when I did auctions last summer. I sold plants for next to nothing the first two or three weeks. By the time my fourth or fifth round of auctions concluded, the prices were more than high enough to counter the low prices I had received for the first ones.

I probably need to do some eBay auctions myself to clear out my remaining extra plants. It is just that eBay auctions take more time than a sale page on the Forum, and eBay customers can occasionally be a pain to deal with. Also, eBay is taking an ever increasing percentage of the sale amount in fees.

nattyfroootz

• Santa Cruz California
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2022, 02:40:18 PM »
Yeah I know what you mean. The prices that people get on ebay make it ever so tempting to give in and list on there. I like being able to provide a service that allows people to buy plants at a reasonable price and also like being able to build my brand.  I want my website and store to be a place where people can learn and share information.  I also don't want to deal with the consistent listing on ebay as well as giving them a percentage of the income.  It's definitely a trade off! Best of luck with your sales W.!
Grow cooler fruits

www.wildlandsplants.com

W.

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2022, 06:26:47 PM »
Updated.

W.

• View Profile