Author Topic: Mango - Keitt potential issue  (Read 333 times)

DAC

• Florida Keys
    • View Profile
Mango - Keitt potential issue
« on: January 31, 2023, 06:48:38 PM »
All - I posted this earlier today on the mango disease and nutritional issue thread but now I’m not sure if that or this is a better call?
I looked through the best I could to try and find pictures of the issue I’m having before posting this but couldn’t find the exact symptoms. I’m guessing I have an anthracnose issue? Curious what the silvery looking lesions are, and what the scabby looking stuff is on the branch? I put in a pic of a new bud - does it look to have a problem? This is the first time I think my tree is going to produce flowers. It’s a Keitt that I planted about 3 years ago. Curious what you all think?

palmcity

• Martin County, Fl zone10a
    • View Profile
Re: Mango - Keitt potential issue
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 07:59:31 PM »
I use Nordox 75 about a tablespoon per gallon of water on my Keitt trees. It sticks better to leaves/limbs/etc. better than blue liquid copper products. It also costs more... There are many other brands that also stick pretty good and some may be less expensive so shop around & google it.

Keitt mango trees often get die back/anthracnose/etc. etc. Cooper sprays in my yard are needed for growing Keitt mango trees more than any other variety in my yard except my Rapoza needed it just as bad a few years ago and now it's ok.

DAC

• Florida Keys
    • View Profile
Re: Mango - Keitt potential issue
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 06:39:15 AM »
Thank you Palmcity. As far as you can see in the pictures - do you see anything else? Someone suggested that I may have a pest as well and I should treat with pesticide. I don’t see signs of that but I am a novice with this at best. Like I said this is the first year I think I’ll get flowers.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk