Author Topic: Growing Tropicals and Sub-Tropicals in the Northern US  (Read 6764 times)

Daintree

• Boise, Idaho - zone 6, with a zone 12 greenhouse...
    • View Profile
Re: Growing Tropicals and Sub-Tropicals in the Northern US
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2020, 12:13:53 PM »
Love your setup, Mark, and I am jealous of the size and headroom in your greenhouse.  My backyard neighbor would shoot me if I had something that tall.  Guess that's what happens when you live in town.
How are you capturing your rainwater? I have been thinking of putting gutters on the greenhouse, but I really don't have any room to put a tank in.  I also have access to irrigation water all summer, but once again, no tank.

Cheers,
Carolyn

Mark in Texas

• Fredericksburg Texas, (central TX), zone 8a
    • View Profile
Re: Growing Tropicals and Sub-Tropicals in the Northern US
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2020, 08:28:18 AM »
Love your setup, Mark, and I am jealous of the size and headroom in your greenhouse.  My backyard neighbor would shoot me if I had something that tall.  Guess that's what happens when you live in town.
How are you capturing your rainwater? I have been thinking of putting gutters on the greenhouse, but I really don't have any room to put a tank in.  I also have access to irrigation water all summer, but once again, no tank.

Cheers,
Carolyn

Hi Carol, we hang the fogger today...I hope.  This thing is heavy plus I don't take well to hanging on ladders 10' up.  Custom welded brace has been screwed into a column just need to bolt this beast to it.

Will do a thread on my rig later.  Am excited.  I collect water from the greenhouse gutters into 2 tanks for a total of 2,800 gals. 

I hate PVC plumbing although I've done miles of it on the farm for all kinds of purposes.  For years I've tried to work around the tight tolerances, having to use els, unions, etc.  Just got this very flexible PVC tubing in. All PVC fittings glue up to it.  100 PSI rating.  Will use it to fix this leaking crap.  Been looking for this easy peasy solution for years.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 08:33:34 AM by Mark in Texas »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk