Author Topic: Mango varieties you judged too quickly and later revised your opinion  (Read 772 times)

bovine421

• Shake Rag Rd Fl 9b
    • View Profile
For me it was Sugarloaf M4 and CeCilove.
After a few samplings I thought they were sweet and good but not complexed. Later had to revise that opinion after having them at Peak flavor. Some of these varieties have a longer window of peak flavor :)
One of my goals for this coming season is to have CeCilove and K3 on the same plate and do a comparison taste test.
One of the best mangoes I had last season had a very long window of peak flavor. It was a Seedling of Bombay.
And no I will not utter it's name. I prefer not to incur the Wrath of the South Florida Mango Mafia
 LOL
Cheer up people it's the holiday season. We will have bloom before you know it.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2021, 01:37:47 PM by bovine421 »
Tete Nene Julie Juliet Carrie Ice Cream Coconut Cream Little Gem  Dot  Mallika PPK  OS  Pina Colada Cotton Candy Buxton Spice Karen Michelle M-4 Beverly Marc Anthony White Pirie Lychee Cherilata Plantain Barbados Cherry

Honest Abe

• Biscayne Park, FL
    • View Profile
Re: Mango varieties you judged too quickly and later revised your opinion
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2021, 12:58:09 AM »
Sweet tart:
First couple years I tried it I was fairly disappointed compared to the hype I had heard. This year I was very impressed and I’m a ST believer, although It didn’t make it into my yard…yet. I’ve got my priorities…

TonyinCC

• Trying to enjoy home grown fruit 12 months a year
    • Cape Coral,FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2021, 07:48:22 AM »
A couple years ago I bought a few Florigons that were outstanding.They have the potential to really impress but were average the other times I had them. The trees died both times I tried planting in my yard. Planted for the supposed disease resistance. ::) Culled by nature in my yard at least....

johnb51

• USA Deerfield Beach, FL Zone 11a
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2021, 09:22:21 AM »
I had a Neelam tree, but after the first year it fruited I removed the tree.  That's how bad the fruit tasted.  I really should have given it a few years to see if it improved, but I was anxious to get a replacement in the ground and growing, being limited in the number of trees I could plant.
John