Author Topic: Pickering Seems To Be In A Coma  (Read 912 times)

Carbo

• Brown Thumb in 10b, SE Florida
    • View Profile
Pickering Seems To Be In A Coma
« on: January 08, 2022, 04:31:44 PM »
Central Broward County.  My Pickering has produced one pannicle to date.  The rest of the tree isn't doing anything.  Is it too early to start panicking about having to buy mangoes this summer at Costco? :-\

Timbogrow

• Naples, FL 10b
    • View Profile
Re: Pickering Seems To Be In A Coma
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2022, 04:50:35 PM »
Your better off eating grapes from Publix than the store bought 🥭 from Costco. They were all brown on the inside last time I got them from that place. There's so.ething about the quality of the produce that drives me away from ever purchasing that stuff from there. Hope your tree starts to give you lots fruits.

achetadomestica

• FLORIDA 9b
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2022, 08:51:26 PM »
Looks like cool weather next week.
I wouldn't give up yet.
My pickering hasn't pushed at all.
My NDM one half is pushing and nothing on the other side

Squam256

• Mangos, trees and budwood for sale
    • USA, West Palm Beach, FL, 33405, Zone 10b
    • View Profile
    • https://www.facebook.com/TropicalAcresFarms
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 11:00:12 PM »
Need to hope for much cooler temperatures than we have been receiving the last several weeks. Second half of the month looks like it could be better.

TonyinCC

• Trying to enjoy home grown fruit 12 months a year
    • Cape Coral,FL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2022, 10:05:09 AM »
Pickering is one of the latest blooming mangos for me. Usually starts to push bloom along with Little Gem when the other mangos are done. Last Spring was warm so there was little to no chill the month before it bloomed. It was a full bloom with a heavy crop. Late bloom is probably a good thing in areas that get frost.

palmcity

• Martin County, Fl zone10a
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2022, 10:41:54 PM »
Central Broward County.  My Pickering has produced one pannicle to date. 1. The rest of the tree isn't doing anything.  2. Is it too early to start panicking about having to buy mangoes this summer at Costco? :-\
1. The rest of the tree is smart. It came a frost (I have pics of damage 2.10.21) and your tree told me it does not want to waste the bloom & small mangos falling off the tree. It says late Feb. or even March is nice & warm with less powdery mildew if the day temperature is above 80F.

2. I wish my trees were not blooming as I'm not as fond of mangos early maturing with less hours of sunshine in the winter giving less sugars/less sweetness to the early season mangos.

I would prefer 80 + F. day temps during bloom to decrease fungal growth.

I would NOT hope for cold weather  for my mango trees and bloom  as I do not think they need  it; Except if could possibly slow Global Warming.  Too many of my trees have already bloomed for my liking...

Here's a pickering... poor soul... hope it doesn't loose it's fruit to a Jan.-Feb. cold spell again:

« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 10:49:07 PM by palmcity »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk