Author Topic: First Keledang Ever!!!  (Read 10671 times)

micah

• Waipio Valley, Hawaii, USA
    • View Profile
Re: First Keledang Ever!!!
« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2015, 10:29:52 AM »
Thanks Oscar for the advice!
Looks like the ashes help out.
Lots of fruit set!
Soon to be eaten...I hope
The keledanglers are Keledangling!!!

Aloha
Ok
The keledang is flowering again.
I've let more light in around it. Mulching various banana,vines, branches, then spreading horse manure over it lightly.
Does anyone know what type of organic amendment we should use to help fruit set?
Thanks
Potassium is good for initiating flower set. Got wood ashes? Plenty of K in those. Also compost would be great. How old is your keledang tree? John Mood told me that keledang is one of the best of the artocarpus, so that's exciting. I don't have any planted yet.  :'( Plan to correct that soon.  8)

Kona fruit farm

• Aloha
    • Big Island; Hawaii. Kona 1700' Elev. Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2017, 10:15:15 PM »
Micah.  Any updates on this one?  I'm about to plant two keledang seedlings in my yard (from you and Chris).  Wondering how yours turned out and any advice I might need
With 3 acres of prime real estate for growing tropicals... why not create my own garden of eden?? Work in progress

Chupa King

• Puna, Hawai'i
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2017, 01:47:27 AM »
This is awesome, Micah! Our little tree from you guys is doing well. We can't wait to come visit again.
Biodiversity is key.

Kona fruit farm

• Aloha
    • Big Island; Hawaii. Kona 1700' Elev. Zone 12a
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2017, 02:03:15 PM »
Chupa how old is your tree?  i guess better question is how long has it been in the ground?  anyone know how long these take to fruit?  seems like they are more closely resembling a marang or pedalai than jackfruit..  guessing they take about as long
With 3 acres of prime real estate for growing tropicals... why not create my own garden of eden?? Work in progress

Chupa King

• Puna, Hawai'i
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2017, 07:15:31 PM »
It is still in a pot. The place I'd like to plant it is not currently suitable. It seems like a very interesting fruit. Going to plant them instead of Pedali. I imagine it will grow like Marang. We are also more interested in the Kwai Muk, so we will be planting lots of those.
With this huge selection of fruit, spice, and nuts it is hard to select stuff to grow. We can't fit everything.
Biodiversity is key.

micah

• Waipio Valley, Hawaii, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2017, 11:00:24 AM »
Hi,
This year my tree did not make flowers...it seems to be on a downward spiral.  I think the tree is going to die.  Maybe neighbor trees are too close?  Not getting enough sun? 

Micah.  Any updates on this one?  I'm about to plant two keledang seedlings in my yard (from you and Chris).  Wondering how yours turned out and any advice I might need

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk