Author Topic: 2 ilama seeds have germinated in 20 days, GIANT PINK  (Read 528 times)

Filozophr

• Royal Palm Beach
    • View Profile
2 ilama seeds have germinated in 20 days, GIANT PINK
« on: March 01, 2022, 08:16:59 PM »
Seeds sourced from @raulglezruiz! I have just gotten into this hobby around November, about 2 months later I bought seeds from Raul. I soaked them in 800-1000PPM GA3 until they completely sank to the bottom of their containers (2-3) days) A week ago one seed has sprouted while the 3 others slowly crack open! I managed to germinate such a difficult variety of Annona in under a month. it took about 20 days for this seed to germinate. The stem is a bright, but deep magenta/red, but will probably grow out of it. It still hasn't lifted the seed out of the soil yet. I'm so scared of getting it out of the cup and into a pot, should I want it until it drops the seed coat? It is a very shallow red cup of soil, half of the cup.

Feel free to pm me if you have any ANNONACEAE for sale‼️

ManVFruit

• San Diego, California
    • View Profile
    • MANvFRUIT
Re: 2 ilama seeds have germinated in 20 days, GIANT PINK
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2022, 09:01:22 PM »
300 ppm did the trick for me, I would be careful going that high with other seeds, it may work for some, it could certainly kill more ...

Filozophr

• Royal Palm Beach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2022, 09:08:42 PM »
It was actually that high of a mix because I misread the instructions lol, I was going for 500
Feel free to pm me if you have any ANNONACEAE for sale‼️

digigarden

• digigarden
    • Dominican Republic,Santo Domingo- Miami.FL addr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2022, 09:47:26 PM »
It was actually that high of a mix because I misread the instructions lol, I was going for 500

the same thing happened for me but it was only for 24 hours. so far 3/4 guillermo seed,1/4 genova red and 5/5 a.deceptrix. the rest have not germinated yet. you can wait for the first 2-4 real leaves before transplanting to a larger container.  btw the seedlings may grow elongated for 2/3 months because we've used too much ga3.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2022, 09:59:01 PM by digigarden »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk