Author Topic: Origin of the domestication of Mandarin  (Read 246 times)

Lauta_hibrid

• Argentina, Buenos Aires, La Plata 9B
    • View Profile
Origin of the domestication of Mandarin
« on: March 13, 2024, 04:54:38 PM »
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1674205218301874

Hello everyone, here I am back to bring you this summary, a very extensive and precise work on the origin of the domestication of mandarins.  I made a graph with the mandarins mentioned all to scale, I hope it is useful to you since it took me several hours of searching to bring everything to the same scale.  The most striking thing is to see what the wild ancestors are like, and how there were 2 separate domestication processes, which is why mandarins are so different.  Kishu (father of Satusma) and Changsha are from the same group and form the most cold-resistant mandarins, and on the other hand there are Willow left mandarin, Dancy King, etc.  These two groups never contacted each other so the domestication genes were selected differently.  The purest mandarin is from Mangshan Mountain (above) and the rest are from Daoxian (where they were domesticated).  Another striking thing is that (he does not say clearly and with pressure) it seems that a large part of the mandarins or all of them have about 1% of C. Ichangensis in their genetics, possibly due to growing them in the same area.  and then both wild, domestic and semi-domestic species presented a considerable proportion of C. maxima genes.  I think I understood that some wild ones in Daoxiam and Mangshan didn't have them.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk