Author Topic: Seeds Wanted: Asimina parviflora, Asimina obovata, Inga ingoides/edulis/jinicuil  (Read 636 times)

FloridaManDan

• Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
Hi all,

Looking to purchase/trade for seeds of the following species:

Asimina parviflora - Smallflower Pawpaw
Asimina obovata - Bigflower Pawpaw
Inga ingoides - Ice Cream Bean/Pacae
Inga jinicuil - Ice Cream Bean/Chalahuite
Inga edulis - Ice Cream Bean

Thanks! And if you are looking to trade, let me know what seeds or seedlings you may be in the market for.
- Dan

elouicious

• Houston, Tx
    • View Profile

FloridaManDan

• Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA
    • View Profile
Appreciate it elouicious. There are some pawpaw seeds available online, like etsy, but was hoping to try with fresher ones through forum members first.

elouicious

• Houston, Tx
    • View Profile
fwiw i think these seeds are not recalcitrant, Asimina triloba usually sprout the year after I plant them

Gulfcoastgardening

• Largo, FL, 10b
    • View Profile
fwiw i think these seeds are not recalcitrant, Asimina triloba usually sprout the year after I plant them

Are not recalcitrant?

I store A. obovata in the fridge every year and they grow fine in spring. Generally speaking, the seeds you purchase online SHOULD be purchased around August though to ensure that they're fresh. If seeds harvested this year have not been properly stored they will not sprout reliably.

I have both A. obovata and A. parviflora seeds currently.

Daniel

tonysat

• france
    • View Profile
Hello Sir, I am French and passionate about asiminas. I wish to have advice for the germination of the seeds of asiminas parvifloras. I have 5 but I'm in the dark about the germination of these seeds. In addition I am interested in the sale of seeds of asiminas parviflora, longifolia, etc...
Possibility of exchanges with other plants.

elouicious

• Houston, Tx
    • View Profile
Recalcitrant seeds are seeds that do not survive drying and freezing during ex-situ conservation. By and large, these seeds cannot resist the effects of drying or temperatures less than 10 °C (50 °F); thus, they cannot be stored for long periods like orthodox seeds because they can lose their viability.
-wikipedia

Yeah I think they fall into the category of non-recalcitrant, as by your description, I would be interested in purchasing some seeds- have you tasted the fruit?

Asiminus

• Portugal
    • View Profile
Hello all, I am very passionate about the Asimina species and have some Asimina triloba trees in my garden growing. I would love to get my hands on parviflora and others.
Do you guys still have seeds left this year? Can I message you?

matthedlund

• Wanderlust Nursery
    • USA, Washington, Seattle, Zone 8b
    • View Profile
    • Wanderlust Nursery
I have plenty of fresh Inga vera seeds right now. PM me!