Tropical Fruit > Tropical Fruit Discussion

Illama germination

<< < (2/8) > >>

spaugh:
my only experience is with seeds from Raul.  None sprouted when I first tried then I left them in a bag dry for over a year and then all sprouted within a few weeks of trying again.

elouicious:
All Annona are finnicky in my experience-

I have some Annona senegalensis coming up that were planted in 04/20

Seen the same type of thing with cherimoya, soursop, and atemoya- once the "timer" in the seeds clicks though, generally high germination rates-

This is with no pretreatment and no particular care for the seeds to keep them moist when coming out of the fruit

brian:
I received some ilama seeds from a forum member in early April, they haven't sprouted yet.  They still look fine, though, haven't rotted.  I have had various seeds take 6mo or more to germinate.

I already had soursop seeds around the same time and they all sprouted fairly quickly but they were on a heat mat.  By the time I got the ilama I just left all the unsprouted seeds outside. 

I scarified them with sandpaper a bit, and planted all immediately

Tlaloc:
I found a dropped san pablo at the F&S park. When I got back home a week later I placed the seeds in a wet paper towel. Then proceeded to put it in an opened plastic ziplock above my microwave oven (the magical place). I got more than half to sprout.

Mike T:
We have talked about this in previous threads . I know I have related mu experiences with fresh planted and GA3 at various concentrations, storing dry and storing in the fridge. I have scraped cut treated seeds in every way when I had enough seeds to try everything on. My advice is that immediate planting and treatment in GA2 of seeds of any age works best. Don't go too strong or long with GA3 as I did and lose some to etoliation. 600ppm for say 10 hrs is plenty. If you have arse dragging seeds that have germinated for months then dig them up. Disturb them and get sun of them and replant.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version